Defrost Bag

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use it every time I get off my sled and plan on leaving it, even if just grabbing lunch in the cabin. Yes, it comes stock on the Pro. Just hold in the brake and push the two dash buttons at the same time, then put in your code.

channonmanuel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not stock I think it's like 90 bucks dealer programs it in but who cares, if someone decides there stealing your sled guess what chances are there taking it anyway and prob won't even start it

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not stock I think it's like 90 bucks dealer programs it in but who cares, if someone decides there stealing your sled guess what chances are there taking it anyway and prob won't even start it
When I picked up my sled last year, I didn't ask for the security option. The dealer just showed me how to use it when I picked up the sled. One thing I've learned, is that dealers won't just throw much in, if not asked. It's obviously not going to stop anyone from stealing the sled if they aren't planning on starting it anyway. BUT, it prevents the clutch from engaging, so when they go to start it later, it's not going to go anywhere and the only way to get around that is to enter the code or take it to a dealer to get it reset. Hopefully by then, you will have reported it stolen, and let your local dealers know, and they can look out for the serial number.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just read the Owner's Manual, and it is optional. Thank Broker's in Camrose for programming this for me...Definitely worth getting done, as I'm saving money on my insurance because of it.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I must have misread the manual. It looked to me that the 'Polaris security' system only prevents theft if you start your sled to warm up or something and leave it unattended.

Sent from my f$&@ing iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I must have misread the manual. It looked to me that the 'Polaris security' system only prevents theft if you start your sled to warm up or something and leave it unattended.

Sent from my f$&@ing iPhone using Tapatalk
That is essentially what it does, but it will remain engaged even if you turn off your sled. So if someone gets around your key, and starts your sled, it will still be on and they will not be able to drive it anywhere. They can start it, pin the throttle, and it will only rev up a little, not enough to engage the clutch. I use it any time I'm parking my sled.

RMKKing

Reaction score
So after rolling the sled over after a couple stucks the bag doesnt seem to be holding up as well as I had hoped. The bag somewhat distorted because the metal plate must have gotten slightly squished, this resulted in the zipper not closing all the way and/or not staying zipped up allowing snow in. I think that i am going to put a snap below the zipper pull to try and keep it from working its way open. Hopefully this works. I will keep everyone posted. Cheers!!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So after rolling the sled over after a couple stucks the bag doesnt seem to be holding up as well as I had hoped. The bag somewhat distorted because the metal plate must have gotten slightly squished, this resulted in the zipper not closing all the way and/or not staying zipped up allowing snow in. I think that i am going to put a snap below the zipper pull to try and keep it from working its way open. Hopefully this works. I will keep everyone posted. Cheers!!
Pretty warm in the bag. Stupid having the zippper pull down to open, You ride for a while and the zipper works down. Be nice if it were up to open. Otherwise keeps 1pair of gloves and a pair of goggles warm and(so far) dry.

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can fit a pair of goggles, a sandwich, a touque, neck warmer and a pair of HJC leather gloves with no problems.
I've also done a few track inspections with no ill effects to the bag.

Top Bottom