Def

SIRsleeper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like I should be glad I took the low road and bought a half ton. For now. Sure dont roast over a hill like a turbo diesel but 11.5L/100km is partly what I was after, as well as not having to handle a one ton diesel in parking lots and get around driving, it feels light. The true test will be when I have a trailer to drag in inclement weather. Adios DEF, maybe next time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love my half ton dodge diesel... I get 11.5L/100 while towing my boat... Mileage also what I was after buying that truck and don't regret not getting a 3/4 ton

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my half ton dodge diesel... I get 11.5L/100 while towing my boat... Mileage also what I was after buying that truck and don't regret not getting a 3/4 ton

Good morning. How much$ options etc was the Dodge? My 2015 Silverado LTZ 1500 5.3 crewcab was 52k otd incl taxes, bumper to bumper warranty to 100k, running boards, mud flaps, bug and window deflectors.

SIRsleeper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was 54 out the door on a Laramie ecodiesel similar options (it's loaded sunroof, nav, heated/cooled seats) but only took the standard warranty... The ecodiesel only adds about 2500 over a hemi powered rig but is substantially better on fuel. If I baby it I can get the mileage down into the high 7's... Levelled and a good all terrain tire average high 8's to low 9's on the highway

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run a Laramie Eco Diesel for my work truck. Great little rig. Have to say i sometimes miss the power that i have in my personal dually with a Cummins but sure don't miss the ride when i am putting on the miles, that new air ride suspension is amazing on the 1/2 ton as well. As for the engine i have heard many people say it is gutless and i will admit that it is down on HP from the Hemi however it makes up for that in torque which it makes more at a much lower RPM than the Hemi. I have towed the same small trailer with both the hemi and this truck, both 1/2 ton, and it pulls much better with the diesel.

Mileage for me has been unreal. Left Cochrane and drove to Kelowna with the box full of stuff and myself and my Great Dane as a passenger, got to Kelowna with average of 8.1L/100 and 658km to empty on the gauge.

Reaction score
There are dpf deletes for heavy iron being worked on. i know they exist for the big deere excavators.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Ducati.... I really like the air ride in my Laramie 1500 as well. Have u had any problems in -20 or colder weather? They replaced all the main components under warranty last winter, as the system wouldn't self adjust if close to -30... Pita if I had my 19ft enclosed sled trailer on :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SIRsleeper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run a Laramie Eco Diesel for my work truck. Great little rig. Have to say i sometimes miss the power that i have in my personal dually with a Cummins but sure don't miss the ride when i am putting on the miles, that new air ride suspension is amazing on the 1/2 ton as well. As for the engine i have heard many people say it is gutless and i will admit that it is down on HP from the Hemi however it makes up for that in torque which it makes more at a much lower RPM than the Hemi. I have towed the same small trailer with both the hemi and this truck, both 1/2 ton, and it pulls much better with the diesel.

Mileage for me has been unreal. Left Cochrane and drove to Kelowna with the box full of stuff and myself and my Great Dane as a passenger, got to Kelowna with average of 8.1L/100 and 658km to empty on the gauge.

Check out the EcoDiesel Performance page on Facebook. Any day now PPEI will be releasing their tuning to the public for a delete and up to +60hp... And there's a guy currently testing a +80 tune! The +60 has dropped 0-60 times down to a respectable 6.something seconds down from 9. Plus Gale Banks has been dropping a bunch of hints this week, big power is coming to the EcoDiesel!

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't get over the price for some of these half tons, pretty close to the same price as a 3/4 or 1 ton. Aside from the price they're an impressive truck.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ducati.... I really like the air ride in my Laramie 1500 as well. Have u had any problems in -20 or colder weather? They replaced all the main components under warranty last winter, as the system wouldn't self adjust if close to -30... Pita if I had my 19ft enclosed sled trailer on :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't have any issues last winter at all other than not being able to have a winter front, they finally came out with the winter fronts for them in the spring.........thanks Dodge......

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I can tell you for SURE one thing you DON'T want to be doing... Is throwing a programmer or a chip on a diesel that doesn't have your DPF delete done.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't get over the price for some of these half tons, pretty close to the same price as a 3/4 or 1 ton. Aside from the price they're an impressive truck.

Couldn't agree with you more. My personal truck is a '12 3500 Dually Limited and it only cost me about 7K more than my 1/2 ton that i run at work. Personally i couldn't spend the same amount of money on a truck that is half as capable (or less) but when it is a company truck that i just need to run around the highways and a few back roads unloaded the half ton works great. Everything has it's purpose i suppose.

Personally if Dodge ever came out with a larger SUV (Suburban size) with the Eco Diesel in it I would be running one of those. To me a 6ft box is no more useful than SUV cargo space. \

To get back on topic a bit with the DEF. I just filled mine again for the first time in a long time. From what i can see i am getting about 14,000km to a tank of DEF or more.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
The straight diesel smell is 100% better then the regen acrid stink that mine would emit, i puked a couple times from breathing that crap in

There's a HUGE difference between regen smell, diesel smell, and def equipped idle smell. My truck smells like a hot tub at idle. Works all the kinks outta my "muscles".

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya my truck in stock form had absoulty zero smell and no soot at the pipe, you could wipe your finger in the pipe with a white gloves and it would be spotless, but when it was in regen (every two friggen weeks and the entire winter last year) it was the worst smell ever!

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Ya my truck in stock form had absoulty zero smell and no soot at the pipe, you could wipe your finger in the pipe with a white gloves and it would be spotless, but when it was in regen (every two friggen weeks and the entire winter last year) it was the worst smell ever!

My truck regens like twice a day lol

Top Bottom