Deep Powder Bog

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode the Pro today for the first time and I seem to be getting the odd bog when the intake is covered in snow. I know SLP has the powder valve setup for the air box... Anyone have any experience with this, or any recommendations?

Sent from my eYefone using Tapatalk

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is what i did,popped 4 holes just in front of the gauge and slapped in 4 slp flow rites.Got the idea from OnlyPolaris,looks better than the SLP box...If u look in Pro Ride section and thread called "what u doing to your sled" or something like that..Good Luck glad to see u had a good day riding

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also put the powder valves in my airbox. Simple and easy install. Not sure if they work or not as i haven't rode the sled.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got SLP Powder Valves for my Pro. I believe they're all I need for the really deep days. I'll report back once I get some ride time with them.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be sledding.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, the second day on my sled I didn't get any big whatsoever. Could have been a fuel problem, as I added a bunch of Lucas racing formula octane boost and got fuel from a different joint. This sled is unreal... Now I just need to work on clutching as I wasn't pulling full rpm.

Sent from my eYefone using Tapatalk

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no issues with mine in deep powder. Any mods to yours? As you mentioned could be some bad gas...

Brap

Reaction score
my pro clutching is all over the map. 8000 7700 8200. sheesh i thought doo had issues.

and the track has to go. my friend had a camo extreme on his. world of difference. it actually hooks up!

WesG

Reaction score
Brap do you have at least one delrin washer in the secondary? I found mine was all over (5-600 rpm bounces) until I put a washer in there then it settled out to a few hundred rpm fluctuation.

I can get a deep powder bog if I do not keep the intakes cleaned off. This is only in really good fluffy snow. Has happened both last year and this year in the same conditions. I am going to go to the slp intake or powder valves. Also they do seem to loose HP with higher elevations more so than other sleds. I am thinking the PA head will be the answer to that.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing when my primary spring broke, I was still able to ride all day with a 1900 rpm engagement, they had a bad batch of springs on the 2011's not sure what yours is but I would check it out.

my pro clutching is all over the map. 8000 7700 8200. sheesh i thought doo had issues.

and the track has to go. my friend had a camo extreme on his. world of difference. it actually hooks up!

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
same here i had similar issues with the rpms all over so i took it in and they reflashed something cant really remember sorry but after that it started to run way better .... i broke a spring last year as well not sure why but easy fix anyways

Top Bottom