Decks on a Half Ton

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
gentlemen

we are not going to start going back and forth as these forums tend to like to promote this type of behaviour, because everyone is right all the time.

Flm staff

are you guys having these customers with 1/2 tons sign legal waivers as to "knowing" they "will be overweight with quads or sleds loaded".............????????

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
are you guys having these customers with 1/2 tons sign legal waivers as to "knowing" they "will be overweight with quads or sleds loaded".............????????

ON ANOTHER NOTE: I WONDER HOW BADLY THEIR AIRPLANES ARE OVERLOADED........... J/K.... LOL..... LMFAO..... BAHAHAHA..... SORRY, HAD TO........:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

SC Carts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Summitric

HA HA we knew the airplane j/k was coming for sure. As far as legal waivers it is difficult to control having customers sign waivers as our decks get shipped all over north america to dealers, and then from there are sold to customers and also when decks are sold as used etc... To be honest with you in all the decks we have sold we would say as a quick number that comes to mind we have only sold 4-5 decks to 1/2 ton owners, these are that we know of, more may have been sold through our dealers, but as mentioned tough to control who they go to once they are sold to the dealers and then also sold used.

FLM Staff

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Summitric

HA HA we knew the airplane j/k was coming for sure. As far as legal waivers it is difficult to control having customers sign waivers as our decks get shipped all over north america to dealers, and then from there are sold to customers and also when decks are sold as used etc... To be honest with you in all the decks we have sold we would say as a quick number that comes to mind we have only sold 4-5 decks to 1/2 ton owners, these are that we know of, more may have been sold through our dealers, but as mentioned tough to control who they go to once they are sold to the dealers and then also sold used.

FLM Staff

IMO you would have sounded a lot more professional from the start if you had just said that your deck's fit in a 1/2 but you don't reccomend putting more than 1 machine on it. A simple statement like " airbags can be used to improve stability" would also answer 99% of questions without sounding like ill advice.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im looking at it more for one machine for doing winter work, as some of you might have seen my pics of my custom plywood deck I built, it worked good but became a pain in the ass after a while, too many parts to remove and putback to get to the ramp. I like the idea of the deck for quick unload so I can check a quick row and still have storage under the deck. There might be the occassional trip to the mountains with two machines.

On a side note, what about these people that tow the tandem units, holiday trailer and boat behind. Isn't that setup over the tow load of these trucks, and if it isn't the stock brakes sure arent made for that setup.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im looking at it more for one machine for doing winter work, as some of you might have seen my pics of my custom plywood deck I built, it worked good but became a pain in the ass after a while, too many parts to remove and putback to get to the ramp. I like the idea of the deck for quick unload so I can check a quick row and still have storage under the deck. There might be the occassional trip to the mountains with two machines.

On a side note, what about these people that tow the tandem units, holiday trailer and boat behind. Isn't that setup over the tow load of these trucks, and if it isn't the stock brakes sure arent made for that setup.

please, you shouldn't justify your decisions by what someone else is doing. Your truck brakes are set for a maximum weight to stop your vehicle. your load carrying abililty is way less asyou are introducing alot more sway and side handling forces into the mix.

You are free to load your truck as you see fit, only you will pay the consequences ( or your victim) if you are legal or not.

you can ask around until someone gives you the answer you want, and Obviously a few manufactures and sales people will tell you what you want to here. let your conscience be your guide.
Be Safe and enjoy life , don't spend the rest of it saying if only I -----

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also you have to consider load rate of your tires.if come down to it no matter
what your truck rate at if your tires can't handel it you are going have problem.my truck came stock at 10000lbs-8200lbsfor weight of truck
full of tank of diesel ,3guys leave me with 1800lbs now subtract twosleds
appox 550 each=1100lbs sleddeck appox375 lbs=1475lbs leave me with
325 for the beer and steaks life is good! now this get trickey my tires
load rate at 3195lbs single wheel@80psi cold x 4 =12,780 so can i buy more
steaks and beer or go on a diet ? question of day oh yea the truck is a
F250 super.....duty!

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what your truck rate at if your tires can't handel it you are going have problem.my truck came stock at 10000lbs-8200lbsfor weight of truck
F250 super.....duty!

Now add a 100lbs of mud or slush or ice depending on road conditions, and I guess you are getting close to having to get a new truck because you are over

deeker

Reaction score
Just don't get stopped in BC. Theres a few threads on this already, most 3/4's are overweight with 2 sleds on a deck.

I called registries about changing my GVW and they didn't really make sense. I think it is more for the commercial vehicles. I think she said you can just pay $20 and tell them whatever number you want but it isn't valid out of province, and it's up to the cop writing the ticket anyways ? I just ended the call cause it was making me dumber.

thats funny. making me dumber lol lol lol:d:d:d

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
F250 super.....duty!

I'm not sure if you have taken your rear axle rating into account. you cannot exceed this rate, also the same with front axle.
front axle + rear axle = less than gvwr. this is the number you are dealing with. I may be wrong and your #'s are good.

inside

Reaction score
To be legal you must not exceed you GVWR or you GAWR. I think most trucks have a front and rear axle weight that when added together will exceed your GVWR. This is to allow for loading characteristics of were the weight is placed. My 2006 chev 2500 hd crew cab duramax checks in at about 8260#. (i think) The GVWR is 9200#. The front axle is 4670#. The rear axle is 6084#. Looks like I need some smaller friends.

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good thinking imdoo'n got me thinking I went out check my truck again there
a sticker on door post inshort it says 3 passenger in the front 3 in back
passenger and cargo should not succeed 2104 lbs so I think en i,am still good
because traveling with six is hard four is better more room for beer &stecks.
few years back a R.C.M.P truck cop pull me over and start to tell me that my
95 F150 super cab was glorify station wagon I felt a little insult so to back at
him i start to rattle off theweights of the machines and the trailer and
capacity of the truck his only come back was you done this before nice truck!:d

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good thinking imdoo'n got me thinking I went out check my truck again there
a sticker on door post inshort it says 3 passenger in the front 3 in back
passenger and cargo should not succeed 2104 lbs so I think en i,am still good
because traveling with six is hard four is better more room for beer &stecks.
few years back a R.C.M.P truck cop pull me over and start to tell me that my
95 F150 super cab was glorify station wagon I felt a little insult so to back at
him i start to rattle off theweights of the machines and the trailer and
capacity of the truck his only come back was you done this before nice truck!:d

so a 400lb deck, 2 600lb sleds(fueled) 2 200lb guys and 250lbs of gear,beer and extra fuel gives you.......2250lbs

Top Bottom