December 28-29 Quartz Creek Ride

jmercer

Reaction score
Went out to Quartz the last couple days. We did find some great snow, but it was really low overall. Still lots of landmines around. There was some good fresh when we were there though. Here are some pictures:

IMG_6496.jpg

IMG_6501.jpg

IMG_6506.jpg

IMG_6510.jpg

IMG_6512.jpg

IMG_6503.jpg

IMG_6521.jpg

IMG_6523.jpg

IMG_6532.jpg

IMG_6536.jpg

IMG_6537.jpg

IMG_6541.jpg

Had a great couple days of riding

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting pic`s Jim it was 1st time i frogot my camera,It was 2 great days thanks all for the ride have a Happy New Year .

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now thats a snow report........:thumbsup2::beer:...unlike"its snowing all day in town"..........:rolleyes:

finally starting to look like nov out there

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Needs another 3-4 feet in Golden. Rode Silent on Thursday and Quarts on Friday.

Found lots of untracked in Silent, Quarts was alot harder to find fresh but we managed to ride untouched most of the day, Sorry no pics, seems it was too cold for the helmet cam.

I saw rocks in Silent that in the four years i've been going there scared the chit out of me. Lots of landmines...no a-arms but trenched down to the rocks more times than i would care to talk about.

It's like november for sure, real skinny on snow this year.Hope it gets better soon.

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
saweet that means it will be good for morrow,6:12am leave time,Quartz was good a week ago us

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did u guys get out?

I have friday off Im ready to ride?????

Went out to Quartz yesterday and made back to 51/52/53 lots of rocks and wasnt feeling so great but had a good time with Mark and Chris

Cant go weekdays for a couple of months. I have an apprentise in school. look at the kicking horse snow report for this week. Something like 50-60cms at top and says 43cms at bottom... now that WILL be a stellar day at Quartz
Saturday would be good for me
RP

Pro-Am Chris

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Went out to Quartz yesterday and made back to 51/52/53 lots of rocks and wasnt feeling so great but had a good time with Mark and Chris

Damn I wish I had known you were going out. I might have got my lazy ass off the couch!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Cant go weekdays for a couple of months. I have an apprentise in school. look at the kicking horse snow report for this week. Something like 50-60cms at top and says 43cms at bottom... now that WILL be a stellar day at Quartz
Saturday would be good for me
RP

Believe about 1/3 of what you read from the kicking horse snow report. If they say 50 cms, it will probably be about 20 cms. Its almost as bad as Fernie's.....almost.

depthcharger

Reaction score
Was out on new years day and ...yup need another 3-4ft. Talked to some guys that said the snow depth was about the same as they had 3 weeks earlier. Golden just hasn't had much of a dump for a few weeks.

Top Bottom