Dec 2012 snow conditions

pipeliner72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Renshaw was awesome this weekend minus my buddy's turbo breaking down on Sunday!! He went back in on Monday with another group & had no luck so we got a local to come up with us on Tuesday & pull it out on a sleigh!! Thanx Denis for helping us out & the saskatchewan boys we ran into who helped us out & the group near the cabin that helped us up the creekbed!! Sure wish I was doing more riding yesterday though with all that powder & what a nice day !!! Braaap

No problem at the end there was enough of us we could have pulled it out by hand. That skimmer is the way to retrieve a downed unit!

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes Renshaw groomed last night (Wed.) but only 25 riders on it today so may or may not get groomed tonight. Will be groomed tomorrow (Fri. & Sat.) nights for sure. Plus he's widening the trail by 4-5ft and going to see how that works.
And still great snow to be found in the alpine. Higgins.

trailrider

Reaction score
What about Lucielle or Bell? Also never been to bell, directions?

X2 Heading to McBride on the 26-29, we have not been to McBride and are bringing the boys with who have never been riding in the mountains so we are looking for a good place to take them. Thanks Trailrider

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More new snow has fallen, Hotrod reports 6 new inches in his yard! Belle and Lucielle are probably your best beginner hills and if you stay close to the cabin Renshaw has some easier stuff and a couple big meadows. If you're unsure on arrival drop in and see Glen at Spindrift on main street. He's a good source of info!

trailrider

Reaction score
Thanks j.c. that is where we were planing to start, we have to stop in at Spin Drift to pick up our rental beacons as soon as we get to town. Trailrider

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 Heading to McBride on the 26-29, we have not been to McBride and are bringing the boys with who have never been riding in the mountains so we are looking for a good place to take them. Thanks Trailrider

Lucille would be a real good start for newbies. Quick trail up to the cabin. there is a granny trail that takes you to the main bowl. There probrably is more then enough snow up there to get everyone stuck and tuckered out. lol. The main part of lucille is easy to get to know.

ssjrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were at Clemina today. Snow was ok, not great. We are headed to mcbride tomorrow to see Glen about some sled repairs, and then we are hoping to ride Bell or Renshaw. I need some place with powder to try my new 3" track. So if anyone can let me know which place would have the best snow let me know. Thanks.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Renshaw today, snow is level with the deck of the cabin, take that with a grain of salt though , as it is very wind blown and drifted. Lots of rocks to be found, the open hills are filled with landmines, did find some fun in a few creeks and the trees though. Only 13 trucks in the parking lot, trail was awesome up and down. There might be 5-6 " of snow at best in the yard here .It snowed last night, might have got 1/2 an inch here, and not much more than that up top. 2 of our group rode Clemina yesterday, they reported much better conditions there. Compared to last year at this time, and we got spoiled last year ,conditions suck. Never the less, it's still better than working. Got 9 more days here, better start snowing soon.

[Freerider]-

Reaction score
Rode Renshaw today, snow is level with the deck of the cabin, take that with a grain of salt though , as it is very wind blown and drifted. Lots of rocks to be found, the open hills are filled with landmines, did find some fun in a few creeks and the trees though. Only 13 trucks in the parking lot, trail was awesome up and down. There might be 5-6 " of snow at best in the yard here .It snowed last night, might have got 1/2 an inch here, and not much more than that up top. 2 of our group rode Clemina yesterday, they reported much better conditions there. Compared to last year at this time, and we got spoiled last year ,conditions suck. Never the less, it's still better than working. Got 9 more days here, better start snowing soon.

Well that doesn't sound too good. I hope there is plenty to play in in the lower areas and the trees for this upcoming weekend :confused:

Gforce21

Reaction score
Was up lucile for a few hours today. Trail in was good. Only a couple people up there and about 6" it was fun to play around in. Hit a coulle rocks but nothing too bad. Gonna hit up renshaw in the morning.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Who's riding Renshaw on 27? Me and Nick by ourselves might be looking to join a group

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Up to Belle for a quick afternoon ride, top is beat up, have to go around the sides to find any untouched. But we got about 5 min. from the cabin and buddy peeled his 156x16x2.5 track off like a banana. It sure was funny! And guess what no cameras! Back tomorrow to rescue. I'll post pics then. Higgins.

P.S. If anyone has a 156x16x2.5x3pitch we're looking for one!

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was up Renshaw yesterday needs more snow still lots of landminds there is snow that is handlebar deep when your sled is rolled over. Found some areas that were untouched still so wasn't to bad

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Up Belle for a rescue then out for a ride! Up top is tracked up around the side 12" on a soft base. Had fun!!! Higgins.

Attachments

• Belle Dec.28th12 025.jpg
    Belle Dec.28th12 025.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 326
  • Belle Dec.28th12 026.jpg
    Belle Dec.28th12 026.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 325
  • Belle Dec.28th12 027.jpg
    Belle Dec.28th12 027.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 322
  • Belle Dec.28th12 028.jpg
    Belle Dec.28th12 028.jpg