death to the rzr

booster

Reaction score
Just wondering i was the 3rd guy in alberta to get a rzr has any body else had a nightmare of problems or did i just get a lemon?:rant:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You must have a lemon.
We have one and our friends have them with no issues

booster

Reaction score
Where do i start the first winter i had it i was going across the lake and the engine siezed. Parkland sled & atv "fixed" the motor. riding out west that spring with less than 300 miles on it total and maybe 100 since the "rebuild" the top end got cooked because of the air box. Parkland again "fixed" it .Did the lincoln hall poker rally and she burnt all the oil out of it, caught it before it siezed, had a budy go back to his place and get oil. 1hr trip home 2 quats of oil,SWEET.Oh ya came out of a mud hole an twisted the front frame , rolled it once doin about 20 km DESTRYED the cage. Good thing i'm a welder and can fix all the bent crap, and I bought the extended warranty.:mad:
Thanx for any help guys and girls!!!

gasgod

Reaction score
Just wondering i was the 3rd guy in alberta to get a rzr has any body else had a nightmare of problems or did i just get a lemon?:rant:

3 summers of fun with mine, zero issues, and over a 1000 miles..:)

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where do i start the first winter i had it i was going across the lake and the engine siezed. Parkland sled & atv "fixed" the motor. riding out west that spring with less than 300 miles on it total and maybe 100 since the "rebuild" the top end got cooked because of the air box. Parkland again "fixed" it .Did the lincoln hall poker rally and she burnt all the oil out of it, caught it before it siezed, had a budy go back to his place and get oil. 1hr trip home 2 quats of oil,SWEET.Oh ya came out of a mud hole an twisted the front frame , rolled it once doin about 20 km DESTRYED the cage. Good thing i'm a welder and can fix all the bent crap, and I bought the extended warranty.:mad:
Thanx for any help guys and girls!!!

Parkland sled & atv
Nuff said!

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the guys I know with them beat the living crap out of them and have never been left stranded on the trail. Also no repairs other than one guys hit a tree with a back wheel thinking his was the same width as a quad and that did some damage but he was also going around 30kph when it hit. From what I have seen of the rzrs they mud better than most machines on the market but do need help with clearance from factory.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know you can't take them in the mud, they just fall apart. Cannot take the abuse.

Do you have one ? I do, 1300 miles of mud one tierod end zero problems !
I sold my fully modded renegade cause it could not go where my rzr went with out waring you out.....
The rzr `s dominate in the mud, this is from an owner not an onlooker LOL....

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know you can't take them in the mud, they just fall apart. Cannot take the abuse.

the guys I know with them beat the living crap out of them and have never been left stranded on the trail. Also no repairs other than one guys hit a tree with a back wheel thinking his was the same width as a quad and that did some damage but he was also going around 30kph when it hit. From what I have seen of the rzrs they mud better than most machines on the market but do need help with clearance from factory.

Once again an honest answer right on the mark.....

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Once again an honest answer right on the mark.....

Ya gotta remember too ........ some guys are better than others in caring for equipment. You play hard you likely need better WASHING!, oil changes, plugs, bearings etc. I don't care what you drive if it isn't maintained it won't last. I am not implying in the least that the initial poster isn't looking after his stuff sometimes you do get a lemon. :(

I get to do the bearings on my Rhino this weekend!! :beer::d:beer:

atver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is a Polaris and they need TLC. Great sleads, lots to be desired in the wheeled end of ther products. AND THAT's FROM A POLARIS DEALER.

booster

Reaction score
I look after my equipment very well growing up on a farm and having equipment my whole life, i think i just got a beater i have another buddy with the s model and has had to do the same top end work. I would snorkel it but don't want to void warranty on the stupid thing, as i know this would alieviate alot of problems. I do ride really hard but everthing gets well maintained.The frame on them is WEAK trust me i've cut mine apart to straighten the front end and built my own foll cage out of .095 wall DOM tube i've rolled it with that on and you cant hurt the thing now.I am a pressure welder so i know metal pretty well and when my can of pilsner is thicker than the frame we gotst a problem.:realmad:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you snorkeled it you would not need the warranty, they simply draw to much dust in the stock location.

Top Bottom