Dealer between Calgary and Revelstoke carry spare drive belts and installation tool

CHASEWINTERS

Reaction score
Is there any dealers between Calgary and Revelstoke that currently have spare drive belts and installation guide tools in stock? If there is could you let me know where, and how much? I just figure if I buy a spare now I will probably never need it.

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could try Mountain toys in Cochrane at 403-932-4828..... I know they had a couple belts last week, not sure about the install tools or price.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got one from Mountain Toys. Heard a rumor that the special tools aren't needed if you have a little finesse.....haven't tried it yet though.

CMB70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I changed my track out and couldnt get the belt back on with out the alignment tools. Im sure you can but I didnt want to wreck the belt.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I will still get the tools, hate to be fiddlefawking with this with cold hands in the dark somewhere, someday...LOL

CMB70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya the sprockets are hard enough to line up with nothing pulling on it. They are a very tight fit

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've changed the QD belt without the tools with absolutely no problem. I did it in under 15minutes start to finish.

Took the gears off and removed the original belt. Set the gears in the new belt laying on the bench. I then used zip ties just above the bottom pulley and tightened only enough to bring the belt into the shape it would be in on the sled. I then started the top pulley on the top splined shaft, but just barely on. Then with the rear of the sled lifted rotated the track to line up the bottom spline on the gear. Wa-la. QD belt installed with no special tools. Very simple.

maxbed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for a polaris dealership you'll have to go see the backus brothers in mira lake 45min on the other side of revy

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how much was the belt??

The replacement belt I bought at Rally Motorsports in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan cost me $252 + taxes($277). I have since found out that full retail is $239

Thanks Rally Motorsports PA, SK....... Brutal, charge what you want, but when it comes to a new component on a sled don't bend people over.

Tapatalk HD for IPAD

Last edited:

BIGHORN1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its no different than installing a timing belt on a rice rocket.same ch!t differnt pile.peice of cake , no tools needed.

CMB70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe I should have played with it alittle more before I spent $100+ on the tools, well I have them now I guess :(

Top Bottom