dead bf750

Joshgrizz660

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmm i have heard of the std kits, they dont require boring and all that either eh?? i have upgraded cams in mine right now with a full muzzy pro system dynatek chip and knN filter, im running 28" mudzillas and couldnt be happier with them, as for the lift i need something that will rock ass in the muck, if a 4" will save me more money at the end of the day i may do that just cuz i dont wanna be messen up the cv's i will be replacing the axles after the lift is in because thats the last thing i wanna break on the trail, iv also got a red spring kit in my clutch so it has alot of pick up and low end torque, with the std kit from muzzy and a 4 to 6" lift what do u think il be running dollar wise? just tryen to get it all figured so she can go to the shop and get her overhaul down :) hopefully next season i can come out and burn with the big boys here lol. thanks again for all the replies guys, makes life alot easier :p thanks again.

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would call extreme machines at 1-403-748-2219 and talk to him ( i cant remeber his name), he would be able to get her all done the way you want it.

secondgearca

Reaction score
We have had very good feedback on both the fundy kits big bore & std bore high comp kits, as well as the Muzzys 840 big bore, how bad did your engine go down? Give me a shout @ Rocky Performance Machines if you are interested in pricing & install.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have had very good feedback on both the fundy kits big bore & std bore high comp kits, as well as the Muzzys 840 big bore, how bad did your engine go down? Give me a shout @ Rocky Performance Machines if you are interested in pricing & install.

oh crap sorry i forgot about u too...... he is someone else that knows his stuff on kawi's...

hey on a side note whats is cost for parts for a 750 cams , upped comp piston, gaskets, mabe port - polish.... for my 06 750?

Joshgrizz660

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well gentleman, i made the move and got rid of the brute, sold it and am buying a 2012 XMR. full warrenty and a bad ass machine, anybody have anything i should watch for or look for before buying this brand new machine??? im throwen 10 g cash down then finances the rest. anyone outthere ride or have ridden one of these beasts?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well gentleman, i made the move and got rid of the brute, sold it and am buying a 2012 XMR. full warrenty and a bad ass machine, anybody have anything i should watch for or look for before buying this brand new machine??? im throwen 10 g cash down then finances the rest. anyone outthere ride or have ridden one of these beasts?
. Have fun with the axles. They are good and bad.... Sometimes the extra length helps but also hinders. Ask storm 1972 he has one. It's not for this guy and the way I ride.

Joshgrizz660

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmmm, axles are bad in them eh? im looking for a good solid machine that will get me home every trip and was not getting that with my brute, so thought this would be a substantial upgrade lol, they prolly dont cover axles on there warrenty either eh? and thnx for the reply tex much appreciated

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no i think for the most part warranty covers the axles.... but still 3 or 2 wheel drive sucks to limp back...

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no i think for the most part warranty covers the axles.... but still 3 or 2 wheel drive sucks to limp back...
I guess they do cover axles under warranty as one guy at work here has had 2 replaced under warranty. Took almost a month for him to get his machine back from each axle though.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess they do cover axles under warranty as one guy at work here has had 2 replaced under warranty. Took almost a month for him to get his machine back from each axle though.

ya knew even thought about the delay on parts

Joshgrizz660

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the month an axle thing sucks, ive been doing some reading and apperntly not so much the axles but the cv's. if you do snap axles though they are saying you can get the upgrades for a lil extra dough, i dont wanna spend 15 g to go out once and break something on this, and im not capable of doing all the work to make my own mud bike and lose warrenty. if this is the case i may keep shopping around, i refuse to buy first year anything anymore, my moto is they need at least a year to figure out the bugs. i really love the xmr so im curious if they did anything different from 2011 to 2012, and i appreciate you guys throwen up some input, helps alot!!!!:beer:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya u could fix ur brute and brake axles... ur not spending 15 g for it to happen... i'm keeping my old girl and pay the cash to keep it going....

ya but to put in rino axles at all 4 is an extra 1200 to 1500 bucks.... thats 1/2 way to fixin ur engine in the brute

Joshgrizz660

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahaha true true, but the brute is gone. i lost my ass on it, but it needed soo much more, rear brakes, front diff 4x4 diff didnt work, engine probs, wheel bearrings were wearing out every trip after replacing them, steering handle bars had a ton of play in them, it had a badd dead spot in the throttle, it needed alot, and i wasnt going to keep dumpping money into it when i know the people who owned it before me beat the hell outta it, i wanna start fresh with something new. but dont get me wrong i loved my brute as did everyone who saw it, and she could tear it up in the mud even without the diff lock working. time to move on to bigger better things in my opoinion,

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahaha true true, but the brute is gone. i lost my ass on it, but it needed soo much more, rear brakes, front diff 4x4 diff didnt work, engine probs, wheel bearrings were wearing out every trip after replacing them, steering handle bars had a ton of play in them, it had a badd dead spot in the throttle, it needed alot, and i wasnt going to keep dumpping money into it when i know the people who owned it before me beat the hell outta it, i wanna start fresh with something new. but dont get me wrong i loved my brute as did everyone who saw it, and she could tear it up in the mud even without the diff lock working. time to move on to bigger better things in my opoinion,

hope it works for u.... better have a extra fund tho... just sayin

Top Bottom