Day trip . Ruby Falls or Crystal Falls/Box Canyon ?

surreyboy

Reaction score
Planning on doing a day trip next Friday(July 18/2014) out to ride either Ruby Falls or Crystal Falls/Box Canyon...I have the info (staging area & GPS map)for Ruby Falls , i have done the Southesk Trail , just wondering which would be a better day trip & if any one has directions to staging area & GPS map for the Crystal Falls/Box Canyon trip & how long of a trip the Crystal Falls/Box Canyon is for a round trip ? From what i have read , Ruby Falls would be pretty small for water at the falls this time of year....how would Crystal Falls be ? And is there another set of falls in Box Canyon ?
Thanks for any & all info !!

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could stage from Whitehorse Campground just past Cadomin. Then take the county road past the Cheviot minesite, go over the divide, take the first right on the south side of the divide. This will take you to Crystal Falls and box canyon. Its about a 4 hour round trip if you dont loiter very long. Please stay on the trail going in.

surreyboy

Reaction score
ok , thanks !! you bet we will stay on the trails ! so is the trail head for this ride marked ? is it easy to find from the country road ? how far down the country road do i travel from Whitehorse Campground ?

surreyboy

Reaction score
so looking at the area on google earth , is there somewhere closer to the trail head to stage like around or just south of the divide ?

Too Many Toys

Reaction score
There isn't a so called shortcut from Ruby to box canyon. You can go from Toma Creek trail (just south of box canyon) thru a bunch of muskeg to get to Ruby. It's on the FLUZ map that you can get from SRD.

Top Bottom