davey white or olive cabins

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have stayed in the Dave White hut like 5 years ago. Nice spot in the trees. Just need food and sleeping bag.

Olive hut is open view above the glacier. Beauty area, but if storm comes in, goo luck getting out of there.

finkous

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
our group of 4 took too long in deciding to book this year and davey white booked up, so now we are looking for another place to stay. I have never been to forester before and was just wondering what other guys experiences have been staying in one of the cabins for any length of time was, and what the area around the cabins was like, whether it be davey white or mcmurdo etc. is there any kind of ill feelings between skiers and snowmobilers?

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is an unwritten rule that the terrain above Dave White hut is ski terrain. Dave was a local skier and died in an avy on the back side.
It's to bad users are abusing the cabin, writing on the walls, carving graffiti in the table etc. Use respect please

finkous

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it angers me when i hear or see the lack of respect people have on public property. all it does is make it get taken away from others to use...

T-top

Reaction score
4c66464550a18fed0f2a10a56d3a806b.jpg

Was awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wakeandsnow

Reaction score
Catamount Glacier (olive hut) is a no go until mid February. RK leases the area for heli-skiing.

Top Bottom