Danielle smith leaving radio shows

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Danielle smith announced she's leaving radio shows for post media. Says too many rude and obnoxious(ndpee and lieberal) emails, texts sent to her, and she's been taking them personally. She says she doesn't need that stress in her life..... I don't blame her. She will be missed, as she is one level headed "centrist" show host.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sad, Sad Times. I guess freedom of speech is only for those that agree with the ndpee and liebrals! Anyone that opposes is shut down or forced out. Maybe she should join forces with the likes of True North or Rebel? Possibly Her own podcast. Hope she has the strength and support to fight back. Show them we can be strong.

Freedom Isn't Free!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I'd like to see her back in politics. She made mistakes in the past and from listening to her speak she has learned from past bad decisions. I think she underestimated the blowback from crossing the floor and the results were not as advertised. I think we need a true centrist party that will not get absorbed into a single right wing entity. Let the UCP have al the far right wingnuts and the NDP have the far left wingnuts and all the "right of left" and "left of right" folks can have a true centrist party - fiscally conservative and socially central. I think she would be a good face of such a party

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup that’s too bad our Venezuela way of life getting more and more.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see her back in politics. She made mistakes in the past and from listening to her speak she has learned from past bad decisions. I think she underestimated the blowback from crossing the floor and the results were not as advertised. I think we need a true centrist party that will not get absorbed into a single right wing entity. Let the UCP have al the far right wingnuts and the NDP have the far left wingnuts and all the "right of left" and "left of right" folks can have a true centrist party - fiscally conservative and socially central. I think she would be a good face of such a party

I think you have a point that a centrist party may have a place in Alberta now. I'd support such a party, especially if Danielle was leading it. The problem is it would be a tough battle between the NDP and UCP, both receive massive campaign donations from either the private sector or the unions, I'm not sure a centrist party would garner much support from either of these groups.

I also agree with her mistake of crossing the floor, I know I lost complete trust in her at that time with that move. IMO she would have won the election should she have stayed the course with the Wildrose, saving us all the NDP debacle.

This is twice now the Conservatives/UCP have absorbed either part of the Wildrose or the entire party to become the same old Conservative party.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
She has hinted that she may return to politics if her husband is ok with it. She said she wants to deal with the political correctness, cancel culture out there on the front lines.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are headed for a one party system . "I admire China's basic dictatorship ".

Just two would be nice here in Canada .
Pick a side instead of all this Liberal / NDP/ Green all wrapped up in one .
Then start adding the Buffalo Party and whatever else?
The whole system needs a overhaul or the west had to separate.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
She posted on Twitter that she’s starting a dialogue on locals, not sure how that plays but I guess one of the platforms other than Twitter.

carguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was an episode of Danielle's show in December (I think) where she was literally in tears on the air over yet another letter from an intolerant person attacking her. Personal attacks, threats to have her fired and worse. People called in to voice support for her, help her calm down and help her see that what she is doing is supported and important. But would also say that they have become silent, the right has become silent because the lefty "Karens" have only an agenda of silencing and destroying other views. A couple days after this, her boss John Vos, came on radio with her and basically said her job is safe, she is safe and can continue providing the kind of show she's always done because he and Corus Ent believe in her.

Fast forward to her announcement of leaving radio isn't surprising but is received with sadness. I too was skeptical of her when she took on the job after Rutherford was pushed out. There are times I have disagreed with her position but have always appreciated the debate and dialog to pursue common ground. It appears to me that the intolerant left continues to silence any voice of question or opposition. The left doesn't want common ground, instead they want people to shut up & fall in. As a result, Danielle has even said there are topics she won't do on radio anymore due to the intolerant flare ups that follow them.

Hers was the only local radio show that explored dissenting viewpoints without blatant bias. Her support for right over wrong, forcing politicians to be accountable to the people was admirable. Last Friday on her show, she had Rod Giltaca of the Canadian Coalition of for Firearms Rights (CCFR) discussing the latest around the Trudeau Liberals firearms confiscation program and upcoming court battle. You could hear the shock in her voice when Rod revealed how the courts may rule (in favor of gov't) despite the government producing little to no supportive documents. Firearms owners need her voice, her assistance in this battle against our freedom & property being taken under a veil of lies & misinformation. Find it & listen to it. Its very concerning.

Will Danielle run again for politics? Why would she? Her reasons expressed for leaving a talk show are things she'd face again as a politician. Doesn't sound like she wants to subject herself further to an intolerant mass.

I wish her well. I applaud her strength of character, her voice to reason and her general good natured-spirit. I will miss her show.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I go against the angry Karens everyday on Facebook. No one is bullying me.

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Car Guy ,Great Post !!!!! I am sure most people would agree with you ! But we will need someone else to carry the torch ,if we are to STOP the narrative from the left. Honest Open Dialog and Debate has always been good for all the better of Mankind in an free society.

Cheers to Danielle for call as Spade a SPADE !!!!!

Top Bottom