Dam trucks

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyone understands why a truck cant maintain speed, the trouble is why do you need to do a buck forty to pass someone who was just doing 60
A number of reasons I guess, I'm not sure.
In a hurry?? Mad, sad, happy, distracted, drunk, sober?? Emergency maybe??

Why?? And unless your 60,000kg or bigger, why are you only going 60??

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Followed a great truck driver out this morning, lowboy with komatsu dozer, guy new where his truck trailer was at all times. Had truck tires on inside of white line, very little variance, now i can see what is going on, 10 ft road surface - +\_ 4-6 in h overhang, does not leave a lot of room, plus highway maintenance on the poor side, all combine to driving conditions, If u are a po'd truck driver takeing out your road rage on other. Drivers you are in the wrong profession. Basket weaving may be in your future lol
Anyway i tip my hat to the driver this morning, he has skills

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyone understands why a truck cant maintain speed, the trouble is why do you need to do a buck forty to pass someone who was just doing 60
And to be honest, most here really don't seem to understand at all.
The opinion of most is that all us knuckle draggin meat sacks are just out to kill everybody or at minimum **** up your day.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe your comment most clearly identifies the attitude that creates the majority if the problem on this road and a lot of others. Me me me, I think pretty much your entire statement could be turned around and applied the opposite way also.
Consideration goes both ways.
absolutely ridiculous. you can spin it any way you want for the sake of dragging out the argument but the facts are facts. commercial drivers have to adhere to hours of service as well as putting in several hours of training, pass a physical exam every 5 years, and their equipment subject to frequent mechanical inspection....for your safety. while drivers of passenger vehicles are not restricted or inspected in any way and barely have to meet any training or health requirements, let alone any kind of vehicle mechanical fitness standards. commercial drivers are held to a higher standard and the statistics reflect who are the safer drivers on the roads.

look at who started this thread, or the hundreds of groups advocating safety on the highways....it's people that drive cars or light vehicles that believe they take precedent over anyone and should not be held up, or slowed down, or have to pay a little extra attention while driving. the majority of "attitude" comes from them, and is clearly exhibited daily. If I'm driving a car, pickup, or motorcycle I would prefer to run with commercial vehicles on the roadways over the public in their 4 wheelers any day of the week. there is no question as to which group causes more accidents or death on the highways....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised Imdroolin hasn't blamed Can Am for the problem yet.....:rolleyes:

lol good god Dave your acting like a12 year old, give it a break, eh.

Another thread another day!

I am happy to report there are 4 can-am commanders on site, 1 old polaris ranger, So far ranger is still going, 4 commanders have been trailered back to the repair shop, for various reasons. Commander has more get up and go though, just not a work machine

Last edited:

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
absolutely ridiculous. you can spin it any way you want for the sake of dragging out the argument but the facts are facts. commercial drivers have to adhere to hours of service as well as putting in several hours of training, pass a physical exam every 5 years, and their equipment subject to frequent mechanical inspection....for your safety. while drivers of passenger vehicles are not restricted or inspected in any way and barely have to meet any training or health requirements, let alone any kind of vehicle mechanical fitness standards. commercial drivers are held to a higher standard and the statistics reflect who are the safer drivers on the roads.

look at who started this thread, or the hundreds of groups advocating safety on the highways....it's people that drive cars or light vehicles that believe they take precedent over anyone and should not be held up, or slowed down, or have to pay a little extra attention while driving. the majority of "attitude" comes from them, and is clearly exhibited daily. If I'm driving a car, pickup, or motorcycle I would prefer to run with commercial vehicles on the roadways over the public in their 4 wheelers any day of the week. there is no question as to which group causes more accidents or death on the highways....

Speaking of ridiculous , lol , You grandstanding for some truck drivers safety council ? To even bring physical conditioning requirements and 5 year testing on health or skill sets and suggest that those are enough to insure professionalism and courtesy in all big rig drivers is foolish and unrealistic at best , you obviously have an agenda , cause what you're describing is abolutely not the case in real life. I believe it used to be true , now like most trades , the need for workers has caused hiring practices and recruitment policies to lack a little scrutiny. I put a lot of miles on also , both in passenger type vehicles and motorcycle all over , and in comparison to eastern Canada and especially compared to the states where I find truckers actually do drive with courtesy and consideration , Alberta truck drivers are some of the worst I've ever seen. Why , not sure , but saying it ain't so doesn't change the facts. Lack of courtesy , lack of consideration , lack of respect for other drivers and even respect for their own equipment is the norm IMO.

Last edited:

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Speaking of ridiculous , lol , You grandstanding for some truck drivers safety council ? To even bring physical conditioning requirements and 5 year testing on health or skill sets and suggest that those are enough to insure professionalism and courtesy in all big rig drivers is foolish and unrealistic at best , you obviously have an agenda , cause what you're describing is abolutely not the case in real life. I believe it used to be true , now like most trades , the need for workers has caused hiring practices and recruitment policies to lack a little scrutiny. I put a lot of miles on also , both in passenger type vehicles and motorcycle all over , and in comparison to eastern Canada and especially compared to the states where I find truckers actually do drive with courtesy and consideration , Alberta truck drivers are some of the worst I've ever seen. Why , not sure , but saying it ain't so doesn't change the facts. Lack of courtesy , lack of consideration , lack of respect for other drivers and even respect for their own equipment is the norm IMO.

LennyR its far and few between that i dont shake my head at your comments BUT, you nailed it with most of this post. The Ego in Most Drivers that have anything especially to do with the Oil Patch is second to none in Alberta and Northern BC. Teeroy also Makes Great Points.

I believe alot of it Goes back to what was said Earlier about the Me Me Me and I I I attitude that is getting Bread into people with Safety going over the top and there being no reprecussions for a persons mistakes and many reasons why it is someone elses fault or the COMPANY should be doing something different to make sure that doesnt happen again.

Also the Public and The people in cars and Trucks dont think or Know the Capabilities of the Newer Rigs on the Road. Some will see one go by as they are waiting to pull on the road and first thing in there mind is we need to get ahead of that Truck so he Doesnt slow us Down. So the Cat and Mouse Begins..... Four wheeler goes Mach chicken not looking at speedo and Passes Truck, Sets Cruise at 105, Trucker was Running at 110, Now Trucker Pissed and Tries Passing 4 wheeler and Game goes back and Forth. On the other hand some Truckers are over confident in there equipment also and dont handle it correctly. And Once again ME ME ME I I I. No Pride Just want a Pay Check.

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
most of these idiots driveing big rigs don't have the brains to put their phone down long enough to have a hope of doing anything that resembles real driveing

Seems like every second Driver has a headset on now a days, if not more.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LennyR its far and few between that i dont shake my head at your comments BUT, you nailed it with most of this post. The Ego in Most Drivers that have anything especially to do with the Oil Patch is second to none in Alberta and Northern BC. Teeroy also Makes Great Points.

I believe alot of it Goes back to what was said Earlier about the Me Me Me and I I I attitude that is getting Bread into people with Safety going over the top and there being no reprecussions for a persons mistakes and many reasons why it is someone elses fault or the COMPANY should be doing something different to make sure that doesnt happen again.

Also the Public and The people in cars and Trucks dont think or Know the Capabilities of the Newer Rigs on the Road. Some will see one go by as they are waiting to pull on the road and first thing in there mind is we need to get ahead of that Truck so he Doesnt slow us Down. So the Cat and Mouse Begins..... Four wheeler goes Mach chicken not looking at speedo and Passes Truck, Sets Cruise at 105, Trucker was Running at 110, Now Trucker Pissed and Tries Passing 4 wheeler and Game goes back and Forth. On the other hand some Truckers are over confident in there equipment also and dont handle it correctly. And Once again ME ME ME I I I. No Pride Just want a Pay Check.
the gap is definitely narrowing between the two groups. in each there will be a percentage that have no business being on the road, based on their behaviour and lack of consideration.

Top Bottom