Dalton adjustable weights

iturch

Reaction score
I just bought a new Pro RMK 155 800 and it came with 64g weights and I needed 68g for riding around home. So I bought the Dalton adjustable weights and made them 68g and ran the weights to the tips. I found when they first in gage they clunk then they are fine. Is this normal? And is it better to have them tip heavy or heal heavy?

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run daltons in mine aswell, i always run the weights right to the tip. I think dalton recommends this as well. I have no idea about the clunk, i know my secondary will clunk but it has nothing to do with the primary weights.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the weights that are 60 gram empty and 65 full. I found that I have all 4 set screws installed and they fill most of the weight and hang out the heel some. The tip is empty. This gives good bottom and mid range and still hit 8200 rpm on the climbs. I would like a set of the titanium set screws for extra weight but $100 plus freight I just cant do it

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Running tip weight causes the weight to engage a little harsher and higher RPM, perhaps thats the clunk.
Lessening tip,weight and adding some mid will probably get rid of the harsh engagement but may not pull as hard...or maybe use more mid weight and more helix. :beer:

iturch

Reaction score
When I set these weights up on the bench I needed to add a 1 ounce weight and a 3 ounce weight. Off of he start I ran both to the tip, now I left the 1 ounce at the tip and I backed the 3 ounce out to the heel and the clunk went away.

Top Bottom