D Ring & E track install tips

rav4blues

Reaction score
Any 'heads-up' advice when I go to install some d rings and e track in my cargo trailer? I have an enclosed 8.5' wide v nose to haul quads and tub trailer with. I plan to have the quads side x side so I am thinking 2 strips of e track almost front to back and a few d rings down the center for random tie downs.

novi408

Reaction score
I would maybe load what you will haul most often and check for the location of your e-track to make sure it will work well. I have an 8.5' wide v nose that was set up as a car hauler so the e-track is in a little over a foot from the edges so that it lines up with typical track width of a car. I may add some e-track to the bottom of the walls just to have some additional tie down locations at the edges of the trailer.

You may also want to consider the vertical e-track down the middle. It is a little narrower than the horizontal e-track and would give you flexible tie down locations instead of the d-rings. I'm thinking of adding this to my trailer eventually as well.

Make sure you hit the crossmembers with the bolts/screws as well where possible.

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I did my trailers...........I ran my e-track on the walls (2-3 inches from floor) so in hopes it doesn't fill with dirt and mud (vs. the floor) when the quads and stuff is dirty !! It's also easier to sweep trailer out with nothing on the floor. I also ran some tie-down points (D-rings) in the corners of the trailer. A person can always use LOTS of tie-down points, so put in more than you think you will need/use !!! !!

Last edited:

MiledOut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have two strips of etrack, i think they are about 2 feet from each wall, for quads i run one strap in the rear and winch the front down and the side by side gets straped down with 4 straps 2 front one on each track and same for the rear. seems to work well for me.
kinda see in this picture all i have right now.
20121104_143711.jpg

Last edited:

rav4blues

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Where did you access the fold down bedframes? I am considering that type of set up for my trailer. Thanks again.

rav4blues

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Just curious about the e-track on the walls at that low level. What is the purpose at such a low elevation? I do plan on doing a simialr install but at about 4 feet up for household moving purposes.

Top Bottom