D&D 800 Turbo

Mark Grunow

Reaction score
Don's Speed Parts just put the new Boondocker Turbo on Don's M8 HCR, and Don left today to go test it out. Check out this like to see and hear what it looks like, [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiymnuCoC1o[/media] After he gets back I hope to have more videos, hopefully of the turbo in acrion. This is the second turbo they have put on an 800 this year, the first was a customers and he was very impressed. The best thing about this new Boonedocker turbo for the 800, is that you can run premium fuel, no race fuel needed.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i wish that old man would hurry up, sitting waiting for him right now. that will be a true test for the boondocker, if he dosnt destroy it know one can. LOL

kinrob1234

Reaction score
looks like that will go like crazy have fun ripping the powder with that i am sure you will have fun sounds really good to

Mark Grunow

Reaction score
4-5 lb boost, with 200hp on pump gas. Don says it works great, lots of power, and handles awsome. Compared to the D&D 1200 last year, he said he would take the 800 turbo over the 1200 any day of the week. Raced it against an 800 with single pipe, Can, and boonedocker, and the turbo just annihilated it. We don't have any more videos yet, but as soon as I have some I will post them on YouTube.

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First I have heard of a D and D Pump Gas Turbo...I see a guy mentioned Boondocker...is it Boondocker or D and D?

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Raced it against an 800 with single pipe, Can, and boonedocker, and the turbo just annihilated it.

boondocker control box or boondocker turbo? if its just the control box yea i'd hope u would beat it... i would be supprised to hear that you annihilated another turbo unless he is only running pump fuel as well... then you are apples to apples

ned

Reaction score
It is a boondocker turbo bought through d@d it is about 200 horse at max boost. The 1200 will edge it out in a drag but is still not as nice to throw around as the 800 is.

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is a boondocker turbo bought through d@d it is about 200 horse at max boost. The 1200 will edge it out in a drag but is still not as nice to throw around as the 800 is.

No the guy he raced... said it was piped, yadda yadda and boondocker... just a control box or he raced another turbo and whooped it? wait i just read it again... said it had a can on it... so obviously its just a control box cuz teh turbos don't have cans... nm... my bad

ned

Reaction score
No the guy he raced... said it was piped, yadda yadda and boondocker... just a control box or he raced another turbo and whooped it? wait i just read it again... said it had a can on it... so obviously its just a control box cuz teh turbos don't have cans... nm... my bad

I am talking about the difference between the 1200 and pg 800 not some race between 2 hillbillys out at allan creek last weekend

Mark Grunow

Reaction score
Re: Boonedocker 800 Turbo

As to the talk about the turbo racing the other sled, the 2009 M8 HCR with the Boondocker turbo, raced a 2009 M8 with a D&D single pipe, D&D can, and a Boondocker controle box. And as to the 1200 big bore comparing, the 1200 will hawl on the 800 turbo in a drag race, but yes the 800 HCR will be easier to handle due to the light weight and shorter track. The 1200 that Don Kinghorn rode last year had a 174" track on it, and that just plain won't handle well. If you want the speed, go 1200, if you want the light weight easy to throw around, go HCR and turbo it. The HCR dry weight is only 457lbs.

Top Bottom