Cynthia Riding...??

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll be working in Cynthia for the next few weeks (Cynthia Motel) and chances are I'll find some free time on my hands between phases of the job.
So...I've a few ?'s if I opt to stay @ the Cynthia B&B can I stage from there? Or is there a staging area close by? Are there any maps on line? Anyone local up for a ride at the "drop of a hat", I gotta be responsible about work and all so work takes precedent however riding is a very close second...
Long and short I've desire to cruise around but have no knowledge of the area..

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ray maybe you'll bring that snazzy new Can Am out for a nice mild jaunt on the trails out near Cynthia...I heard there were some nice hills there...

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Head West on the old power line road will take you to some awesome areas, spent a few years hunting bears and Elk ou there, and take the opertunity to check out the Logde Pole Burn area too.

If you stab away at exploring you can link the east Cynthia Rd by heading West to Wolk Lake Rd.
Pack lots of gas since you will have end-less cut-lines to explore.

John and Roy Kootny have a trap line out there, so feel free to stopping to say hello and sign the book. We Camp West and South a few 100 feet from their set up.

PS: Beer is ok to share, but keep the hard stuff to your self, they will boil up some beaver for you with bannick as they are very nice folks to know.

Pal Lem. Pack a GPS, unless you have IGS that is a much better system that has been around for 5000 + years,,, (Indian Guiding System) that is .

Ramjet15x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are a ton of lines in the Cynthia area but for the most part most are not good good summer quad as the water table is quite high there and numerous square edged 3-4 feet creeks throughout.
In general you are far better off to head south to Lodgepole area especially around the brazeau damn and west.
There is some decent trails west of Cynthia near the Keyera Cynthia plant in the sand dunes there but really more of a short day ride.

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is something fishy about them there highliners....

Fishy???...the "Highliner" or "Cynthia"?

@Lem Lamb..Cool, I'll look into this when my part of the job devolves into supervision later in the week... at which time will only eat up an hour each morning.. Kinda like Rays "cushy job"....

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with Ramjet as the trails by Brazzo Dam are more quad friendly, and South of the Dam 18.2 kms is the Nordegg River Rd that is well worth checking out.

The road is well graveled, so you can find a lease to un-load and ride to your harts content Ron.

Best exploring is winging it since one never knows if a new slash or cut line has gone in this winter. That's the plus of living the dream. Ha Ha.

Today I was riding a familer area and found 2 new slash-lines I never knew was there.

Best big screen TV is my quad. 1 channel of Lakes Rocks and Trees. Ha.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see a shootout coming this spring.....
Blue crow vrs cap'n Highliner ......

Might be an old guy in a wildcat way behind ....too .

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ray wins.... I almost always zig when I should zag...

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can always ride the old airport area on Lodge pole rode.

Used to ride my Honda trike in all of that area.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol and vice versa .....hahaha

true story... The young guy who rode along with me in the YXZ said " you drive that thing pretty fast for an old guy"........lol

Last edited:

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We're all old...30+ years ago all I could afford was a mountain bike and a skateboard. Life is backwards, one should start off with a couple million bucks and work their way down...

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
They're finally remodeling the old place? Or tearing it down?

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tornado blew the roof off last year, so pretty much a complete rebuild ...roof, trusses, siding ,insulation, drywall, tee bar, flooring, millwork....in the end it'll be basically a new place...

Top Bottom