Cut our Teeth at Blue River Jan 1 and 2!!

DiggsNWt

Reaction score
Well...four of us flatlanders brought in the New Year at Blue River. Three in my group had never rode the mountains before including my 14 year old son. I had done some mountain riding but mostly easy accesss, beginner type areas.

We went to the East Groundhog (Finn) areas on Jan 1 and to the Salmon area on Jan 2. We utilized the guide service of Digger at Blue River Sledz in addition to renting one 2012 Pro RMK 800 163". All be told, Digger provided our group with a great experience. He and his brother worked hard to find us fresh pow and worked even harder getting us unstuck.

Overall conditions were pretty good with settled powder the first day. Salmon was tracked but still lots of powder for us to ride. New snow would have been nice but it just wasn't in the cards for us.

I have to say that the Pro RMK's worked fabulous. We had a 600 155" and a 800 155" in addition to the rental 163". Awesome responsiveness and silky smooth handling.

Our group will be going back to Blue River and will definitely use the services of Digger at Blue River Sledz for at least the next trip!

Diggs

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well...four of us flatlanders brought in the New Year at Blue River. Three in my group had never rode the mountains before including my 14 year old son. I had done some mountain riding but mostly easy accesss, beginner type areas.

We went to the East Groundhog (Finn) areas on Jan 1 and to the Salmon area on Jan 2. We utilized the guide service of Digger at Blue River Sledz in addition to renting one 2012 Pro RMK 800 163". All be told, Digger provided our group with a great experience. He and his brother worked hard to find us fresh pow and worked even harder getting us unstuck.

Overall conditions were pretty good with settled powder the first day. Salmon was tracked but still lots of powder for us to ride. New snow would have been nice but it just wasn't in the cards for us.

I have to say that the Pro RMK's worked fabulous. We had a 600 155" and a 800 155" in addition to the rental 163". Awesome responsiveness and silky smooth handling.

Our group will be going back to Blue River and will definitely use the services of Digger at Blue River Sledz for at least the next trip!

Diggs

Glad you guys had a good time...we met you guys on the way out of Salmon on the 2nd. Me and my wife had the Black and White 800 Assault and 600 PRO.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Diggs

glad you guys enjoyed your blue river experience :)

Top Bottom