Jan 21-23 Blue River

pcledrew

Reaction score
Two of us, experienced riders with AST1, avy gear and a good attitude, are heading to Blue River to ride January 21-23.

We have never ridden salmon lake and are looking to join an group that knows the area to just introduce us / show us around a bit.

If you and your group are ok with us joining, even for one day, please pm me or text me @ 780 728 7076.

Thanks.

pcledrew

Reaction score
We'd also be willing to split the cost of a guide with another group if anyone is up for that.

pcledrew

Reaction score
Update: got a couple buddies coming from a little farther east to join us with a guide.

Thanks to all who viewed.

Lynn

Reaction score
Did you guys end up getting a guide to take you into Salmon? We are hoping to the do the same thing later this season as we have not ridden that area yet. Did it work out well for you? We have a group of good technical riders, but some of the posts on here of people getting hurt trying to run the trenches into Salmon are a little unnerving. Was it really, really bad?

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Salmon is not for the in-experienced nor for the faint of heart. It can be rather spooky going across the clearcut sidehill and then there are the trenches to get through the trees.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Salmon is not for the in-experienced nor for the faint of heart. It can be rather spooky going across the clearcut sidehill and then there are the trenches to get through the trees.

Its not that bad, have been in there with newbies and also guys on 141/144 type crossover sleds, i was expecting worse the first time i went in because of peoples stories

Sent from my iPhone because who uses a computer anymore

Ewaschuk

Reaction score
Its not that bad, have been in there with newbies and also guys on 141/144 type crossover sleds, i was expecting worse the first time i went in because of peoples stories

Sent from my iPhone because who uses a computer anymore

First time I went into salmon was my third trip ever in the mountains. Needless to say scared the chit outta me but it wasn't too bad. there is some sketchy parts, especially that side hill but for the most part not that bad.

Lynn

Reaction score
Ventured into Salmon on Saturday and it was awesome. Trail in was good, no issues at all.

Top Bottom