custom shovel mount for 'Doo jerry can

Gader69

Reaction score
Anybody else see that custom shovel mount on the jerry can of the Rated X turbo Summit at the Edmonton show and think it was pretty cool? I figure if I've already got the can on the back may as well double its usefulness by having the shovel on it.Might have to get me one of those......

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody else see that custom shovel mount on the jerry can of the Rated X turbo Summit at the Edmonton show and think it was pretty cool? I figure if I've already got the can on the back may as well double its usefulness by having the shovel on it.Might have to get me one of those......

Didn't really have time to explore much. Do you have a link or picture of what you are talking about? I'd be interested too...

AP48379

Reaction score
LACUSTOMS from edmonton had it, they dont have it available on there site but i emailed them yesterday. Hopefully i get a pic.

Gader69

Reaction score
Apparently Civic Powersports is going to be selling them. I talked to the guy that made them up, they're made of UHMW plastic and cut out with a CNC machine. He had a few sets there but they weren't for sale as he had yet to drill 4 holes in them for the bolts to go through the gas can handle. They are made to use with an SOS shovel.I first saw them at the spring preview on his turbo sled there. Asked BRP reps about it but they didn't even know whose sled it was but I think it was one of the MMS sales guys that told me.Have pics at home on my old phone I think, will try and post tonight.
PS I think they will sell for $85 he said.

Gader69

Reaction score
Here's the pic...

Attachments

• photo (8).jpg
    photo (8).jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 503

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That shovel mounted on the back of your sled isnt going to do anybody any good, when it's burried under six feet of snow and you need to dig your buddies out!

It's perfect for a second shovel to dig out your sled...... Leaving a shovel.... On your back.

lewey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cool idea, but doesn't look like the most rigid setup. how well does it hold the shovel? hate to lose it just rolling it over or on a bad whoop section

keener

Reaction score
That shovel mounted on the back of your sled isnt going to do anybody any good, when it's burried under six feet of snow and you need to dig your buddies out!

I'll second that. All avy response gear should always be on your person/in your back pack.

That being said, carrying a second/back up shovel on your sled that can be grabbed quick for stucks etc isn't a bad idea. Beats taking your back pack off and digging out your shovel, then filling it with snow when you put it back in

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cool idea, but doesn't look like the most rigid setup. how well does it hold the shovel? hate to lose it just rolling it over or on a bad whoop section

I have to agree that looks a tad flimsy. I like the idea of having a second shovel on my sled, but not so sure on that set up...

Clay911

Reaction score
Ya I wouldn't ride with guys that leave there only shovel on their sleds. How are they supposed to help me?

And I'm not sure why you want to carry two shovels? Anybody I've seen that has one on the tunnel it is their only one.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I wouldn't ride with guys that leave there only shovel on their sleds. How are they supposed to help me?

And I'm not sure why you want to carry two shovels? Anybody I've seen that has one on the tunnel it is their only one.
I carry two shovels and two probes. One set is in my Avy pack and one set is on my Polaris tunnel bag. The shovel on the tunnel bag takes less than 5 seconds to get out of the pack and I use it for digging sleds. I would also use it in case of an avy if I had access to my sled. It takes way longer to get my SPARE shovel out of my Avy pack than out of my tunnel bag. I don't want to have to take my Avy pack off unless absolutely nessesary.

Clay911

Reaction score
Ya if you use it for a 2nd shovel that perfectly fine. The problem is almost every shovel I have seen mounted on the sled is the ONLY shovel that rider has.

I can understand not wanting to carry more then you have to on your back, but put something else out of your backup into a tunnel bag. Not your shovel and probe.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agree 100%. If you Only have one set of shovel and probes, it goes in your pack, not on your sled.

Top Bottom