CSC Fun Run(s)

Reaction score
This is my first year joining a snowmobile club. I am looking at a little "fun run" card that they send out to members. There is a poker run I might like to try............

I can sled from point A to B and understand how to do that. I've played poker for years, and also understand how to do that......

How the hell do you combine sledding with poker? I have no idea how that works? lol

Can anyone fill in the gaps? How does it work? How much are "buy-ins"? How is there any "skill" involved or is it purely luck of the draw....? Thanks everyone.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's just an excuse to go for a ride with the added bonus of "winning" something in the end.

You pick up cards along the way, then once you reach the destination whoever has the best had (or worst, etc) usually wins a door prize.

It's a good source of income for clubs too.

Reaction score
It's just an excuse to go for a ride with the added bonus of "winning" something in the end.

You pick up cards along the way, then once you reach the destination whoever has the best had (or worst, etc) usually wins a door prize.

It's a good source of income for clubs too.

How much are buy-ins typically? I can't seem to see that anywhere... and I assume I'd have to bring cash?

Reaction score
Last one I saw was 50 for the first hand and lunch/dinner, I believe and 20 for each additional hand. Again, I believe.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.

Another question.... do you have to be a member to participate in the Poker Run? My sister-in-law has a sled and would ... but currently isn't a member. Money is tight this time of year, so I'm just asking to pass it along.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Another question.... do you have to be a member to participate in the Poker Run? My sister-in-law has a sled and would ... but currently isn't a member. Money is tight this time of year, so I'm just asking to pass it along.
Any that I've seen, you don't. However if you're riding trails that require ASA pass, then she'll still need that. You DO usually get a discounted price if you're a member tho.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much are buy-ins typically? I can't seem to see that anywhere... and I assume I'd have to bring cash?

All will be told at the club meeting tomorrow night, if you can make it. If not, a thread will be started after the meeting to address all details.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Poker rally are always a good time. Lots of socializing, riding, and like others have said a chance to win either cash or prizes. I've never done the Cataract one but have done Westlock, and Athabasca and I help out with the Alberta Beach one :)

Revgirl

Reaction score
If a rally is on an ASA trail they do have day passes for $20/day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
All will be told at the club meeting tomorrow night, if you can make it. If not, a thread will be started after the meeting to address all details.

I'll keep an eye open for the thread here. I didn't even see this until just now.

Reaction score
As more get posted I'll keep updating that list. There are not a lot of rally's in the south

I was mostly curious about the one at CC on the 16th.... Kaz said he would post a link after the meeting.... so that's the one I am keeping an eye out for. :)

Top Bottom