Crypto currencies 101.....for us neophytes.

Med1ogre

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't even imagine the gains to be had in the next ten years.
Exciting times. Life changing

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember being in a bar in Halifax 15 years ago and they had a bitcoin bank machine. Can you imagine buying beer with bitcoin back then? That would be a million dollar beer today

mikeydoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Once you have your crypto wallet set up how do you go about getting these monies onto your debit card? Is there a way to keep big brother from knowing about it?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind this is only bitcoin im talking about so far.

If youre looking for privacy, look into privacy coins.

Monero is the best one at this time imo

mikeydoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you claim your bitcoin gains on income tax? I see there is a place in the tax disclosure for that now. Or is it like your rrsp, get taxed when it gets spent?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you claim your bitcoin gains on income tax? I see there is a place in the tax disclosure for that now. Or is it like your rrsp, get taxed when it gets spent?

Im not giving tax advice here. Talk to your accountant lol 🤣

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think what lilduke said was invisible and anonymous. I guess no tax’s paid in or out on this one.

Oh no thats not what im saying at all. I love paying taxes. Never would even think about not paying king trudeau his cut....

Im sure hed be willing to take part in any possible loss's too. We're in this togther, me and the turd...

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
So there are various exchanges on which to buy crypto and some of those are "secret" and others are capital gains taxable (I assume).
I realize that we are supposed to pay capital gains on all transactions that make/lose us money. But, if we can get crypto without the government knowing, that would be the thing to do.
I would like to learn more about that process.

Top Bottom