Crude Oil to Tip Over $100.00 Barrel WTF!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't get it.
All around our country, people are driving less. And manufacturing is way down which results in less usage. Unemployment is extremely high so many people aren't driving to and from work. Half or more Canadians have their thermostats down below comfort zones. Cars are now getting huge miles per gallon.

I don't buy the theory that the oil companies have to make up for lost revenue,thus increasing the price.

IMHO... with a typical container ship headin our way from China loaded with chit burnin 1 gallon of bunker oil every 35 traveled feet naturally the law of supply and demand will push up the prices. These huge container ships loaded with Chinese chit are arriving in huge numbers swallowing the low grade filthy bunker fuel at a incredible rate.

Of course this is only my humble opinion...other factors come into play...and I may of been staring at the zig-zag man more than I should.

Sorry for the rant.
Keep buying their noodles if you may.
Its bout time we cut off their dicks.

sheeet i say let her buck the higher the better more work for me. like to see 150 again.:beer:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has lots to due with when oil was way down, big companies but it and hedged it. same thing with these current low natural gas prices, just wait you will se $10/btu soon enough.
If I was you buy bulk.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is my question, where are all these unemployed people, we can't find anyone who is willing to work. In today's industry, if your not working its a personal choice. The work thats out there might not exactly be in your choice of field but there is defiantly no shortage of work.

Burns

Reaction score
has lots to due with when oil was way down, big companies but it and hedged it. same thing with these current low natural gas prices, just wait you will se $10/btu soon enough.
If I was you buy bulk.
$10/mmbtu gas is a ways away. NG supplies are way high and huge amounts can come on very quick. $5-6 NG is an optimistic range right now (for the producers).

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is my question, where are all these unemployed people, we can't find anyone who is willing to work. In today's industry, if your not working its a personal choice. The work thats out there might not exactly be in your choice of field but there is defiantly no shortage of work.

I agree there is lots of work out there, there are guys that won't work because they don't get flights paid..or every demand granted. Control is back with the employer not the employee.. take the deal or sit at home making 400/week..:realmad::realmad:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree there is lots of work out there, there are guys that won't work because they don't get flights paid..or every demand granted. Control is back with the employer not the employee.. take the deal or sit at home making 400/week..:realmad::realmad:

ya but they still biotch and whine. i want overtime:realmad: i say fug you show up on time and we will see what i can do.:d refuse to meet the employees every demand. especially one for ot whenthe guy can never show up before 1 min to 8. every morning.
but back on topic. i sure notice the price going up in my industry. we built 16 trucks all of our last fiscal year here. sinc end of last fiscal in aug we have built 22 trucks and have 30 on the books signed pos and all. most all going tooilfield. 18 trucks to one of the big oilfield companys.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
oil is sold in amercan dollars.. american dollars are bonded to gold... and with the current inflation rate the americans are experiencing a hedged price in oil. if there dollar was worth more oil would be worth less.
did that make sense??

tonykunz

Reaction score
I don't think the american dollar is backed to anything, I don't think every bank has a few million gold in their vaults.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I don't think the american dollar is backed to anything, I don't think every bank has a few million gold in their vaults.

No your absolutey right, however there is a bank in the states called the FED you may have heard of them. THEY DO have gold that is bonded to the money. The american money is made by the government. NOT the bank of steve. Or goldman sachs....lol that was low

highmarkdude

Reaction score
I don't get it.
. Unemployment is extremely high so many people aren't driving to and from work. .

unemployment down ? not because of a lack of jobs ! we cant get enought workers and the ones that do show up usually dont want to work !

people are certainly driving somewhere as edmonton traffic is rediculous :eek:

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thats the trouble Scuba....they can sit at home and make money....that there is the part that is wrong....life is about choices...work and get paid...or sit on your arse and starve because unless you are injured, handicapped or otherwise...if you are fit to work...then get off the couch, get outta the bar and get a job so that you can be taxed like the rest of us that HAVE to work to pay for the sorry arsed lazy mtf that won't! :rant:

AirNorth1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www3.telus.net
Its good to see there is so much work to go around, and then some.

However, Alberta is not the center of the world.:)

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its good to see there is so much work to go around, and then some.

However, Alberta is not the center of the world.:)

Doing something to benefit another province but will hurt alberta is downright foolish, and shooting the hand that feeds you.

Fuel prices have gotten stupid, and need to get in check. They are not even dependant on the barrel of oil price, they are dependant on how much the oil companies think they can squeeze out of consumers that day. Whether oil is high or low, the consumer is getting screwed. The gov't needs to step up and screw the oil companies when they screw the consumer. The oil companies do what they feel like, and it has to end. It's their choice to do things stupid and make them expensive, it's their choice to pay ludicrous wages to unskilled workers, they can do what they want, but i'm sick of being screwed at the pump for their stupidity.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oil is sold in amercan dollars.. american dollars are bonded to gold... and with the current inflation rate the americans are experiencing a hedged price in oil. if there dollar was worth more oil would be worth less.
did that make sense??

Americans havent worked on the gold standard for several decades. and trust me if the world economy did work on the gold standard things would not be traded based on the american dollar.

Top Bottom