crossfire issues!?!?!?!?!

POWSHREDDER69

Reaction score
put a new dayco ultimax xs on my 06 crossfire 600, now i dont seem to be getting the rpm's that i used to be with the ac belt,it is supposed to be the right belt, lost around 500 rpms.:rant:
tinkered with the secondary, i tried everything and it would not make a difference. power valves are clean, i have a speedwerx primary clutch kit with 71 gr weights and the purple spring. any ideas?:confused: i want to race it this weekend but it is a total dog unless i get the full 8000 rpm's out of it.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ultimax belts are much softer than the stocker and will pull the rpm's down. Myself and many others have tried it without avail. You can make it work but will have to change your whole clutch setup. Not something many want to do. You could try the Cat 0627-044. It's a sticky belt too, and will pull your rpm's down a tiny bit, maybe 200, but be quick out of the hole and good in 500'. My most consistant results have been with the stock 036 belt.

POWSHREDDER69

Reaction score
thanks man, i kinda thought that was the issue, never used a dayco before thought i would give her a try, i guess it will make a good spare.

thanks again for the info:beer:

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when i used a ultramax belt i had to drop 3g's weight whent from 68's to 65's and my rpms were right back to normal

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
put a new dayco ultimax xs on my 06 crossfire 600, now i dont seem to be getting the rpm's that i used to be with the ac belt,it is supposed to be the right belt, lost around 500 rpms.:rant:
tinkered with the secondary, i tried everything and it would not make a difference. power valves are clean, i have a speedwerx primary clutch kit with 71 gr weights and the purple spring. any ideas?:confused: i want to race it this weekend but it is a total dog unless i get the full 8000 rpm's out of it.

Stick with the stock AC belts... they are the best bar none. I have 5150 km on my original belt, hard ridden, and it still delivers. No Joke. Cat belts are the best.

Top Bottom