Cross Trax Sled Deck Question

_LB_

Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing a sled deck this season to make the solo burns down to the mountains alot easier. I have looked at a ton of different options and if I had the extra crumbs kicking around I would pull the trigger on a truck boss deck but I just dont so my question is: For those of you that have a cross tracks do you find that road grime etc. gets in under the deck when driving? The pictures I have seen of the deck looks like it can be spaced from the rails quite high and looks like it could hold a decent amount of road slop. Also if you have any other suggestions for sled decks I would appreciate it. Just looking to go 7 foot deck with an extension. Preferably one that I can fit somewhat tightly to the rails of the truck even if I have to use some weather stripping to get that final seal. Thanks for the help.

LB

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It the way cross trax does their extension is what keeps it above the rails. The square tubing that mounts the extension to the deck is above the tailgate causing it to sit higher. I don't have any trouble with road grime, just dust. I built a Rat pack with puck board sliding drawers that sits just below the brackets for the Ramps. That works best for me and prevents me from having to reach under. The Rat pack cost me about $200 with my own labour of course.

_LB_

Reaction score
Makes perfect sense guess the cross trax is not an option for me then. Does anyone have any suggestions on a deck that would be similar to the crosstrax quality and option for an extension but that would be able to have little to no gap at the rails?

hornydevil

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you ever think about sealing it yourself? I use to have a STF that I sealed my self with some 2x4 and some truck cab seal. It work very well, by the looks of it you would have the cross trax deck as more room under the deck got storage. Image 4.jpg

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
We carry all our gear in a hockey bag in the box. It doesn't get that filled with grime. Nothing to worry about . Have a cross trax with extension

Throttle-Junkie

Reaction score
Cross trax can build your deck to fit tight to the box rails. They also have an extension option that stays on top of the deck and flips over when not being used. Eliminating the need to remove and store the extension. Cross trax also has the best warranty IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BillyYork

Reaction score
I just bought a cross trax and love it. It does sit a little high, but you can get them to size it the way you want as stated above. Only issue I have with mine is when loading the back part of the rack (where the ramp hooks to) got all gouged from the carbides which pissed me off. But good solid deck, welds are amazing on it. Also, lifetime warranty on the frame.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a rubber curtain that I'm mounting under the deck at the sides of the box to close off the gap. Was going to do it as soon as I got the deck last season but found that very little debris gets under the deck.

If you want a cross trax and want it sealed, I'm pretty sure that Wes would be willing to add it. He was really good about adding custom options when he built my deck.

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never have had an issue with anything getting under the deck … i find that if i had a deck that sat any lower i wouldnt fit my jerry cans in … as it is now the one is tight getting it in

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a cross trax deck, i carry some gear under the deck been through rain slush and snow and was surprised very little got in. i was also planning on putting a short rubber skirt around the inside to seal it but i haven't needed it.

imo if your looking for a decent priced deck and dont want to worry about welds buy a crosstrax.

_LB_

Reaction score
Sounds like I will have to give them a call and see what they can build for me. Does anyone have a picture of the fold up style extension? I have seen them on the X-Decks as well as old style marathons but havent seen them on the crosstrax. There is no example of them on their web page either.

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been running a cross traxs deck for about 8 years now. I don't have any issues with grime, a little dust gets in but that's it. You can't get a better deck, imo. Yes the back tube gets gouged up by the carbides, but the welds on the deck are perfect. I've not had one Crack the entire time. I have the two piece ramps. I've loaded rhinos, sleds, quads, on this thing without a problem. I haven't even had to replace a super glide, or piece of wood yet.
Best deck on the market.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been running a cross traxs deck for about 8 years now. I don't have any issues with grime, a little dust gets in but that's it. You can't get a better deck, imo. Yes the back tube gets gouged up by the carbides, but the welds on the deck are perfect. I've not had one Crack the entire time. I have the two piece ramps. I've loaded rhinos, sleds, quads, on this thing without a problem. I haven't even had to replace a super glide, or piece of wood yet.
Best deck on the market.

Same here.....what he said.^^^^^^

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

davelaw1982

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I own one of his original decks, still straight and solid. No broken welds or anything. Took it to Wes to have the extension mounts installed as it was built before he started the extensions. He squeezed it into the schedule and got it done in great time, and at a great price. You can't buy a better built deck that is fully welded, not bolted together for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you get the deck to close to the rails you will have to open the end gate to get you empty "pop" cans in the box. I hate that about my TruckBoss.;)

Seriously tho, I did a tonne of research before I bought my deck and the only two I would chose from are the TruckBoss and the CrossTrax. Both have their advantages and disadvantages but quality of both are top notch. Just my opinion for whatever it worth, probably not much.

jockdoc

Reaction score
How about the X-Decks? I've heard some guys love those as well?
If you get the deck to close to the rails you will have to open the end gate to get you empty "pop" cans in the box. I hate that about my TruckBoss.;)

Seriously tho, I did a tonne of research before I bought my deck and the only two I would chose from are the TruckBoss and the CrossTrax. Both have their advantages and disadvantages but quality of both are top notch. Just my opinion for whatever it worth, probably not much.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X Decks aren't really any better than the Chinese knockoffs. I had cracked welds and my one side would barely move anymore. And this was in less than two years. And I had to completely re wire it.

Also the ramp design is brutal, especially for one guy. The only thing X Deck has going for it in my opinion, is the extension design and looks.

The OP mentioned any other suggestions for decks, I would suggest looking into a Full Lotus as well. They are top notch and fully tig welded. Composite boards on top that won't need replacing and I like that they use round tubing, rather than square tubing for the slides. Stronger and less prone to bending. They also have endless customization as required including their new roof rack/spare tire designs. And tons of powder coat and paint colors. I also like the look of the Full Lotus.

I've always heard good things on the CrossTrax but I find they look really old school.

How much is a CrossTrax going for these days?

Top Bottom