Crooked Doo Help !!!

Mr Doo

Reaction score
:confused: I have been riding my (new to me) 2004 800 159" summit X all year and loving it. Everytime I loaded it on my deck I noticed that one ski was farther forward than the other, I assumed that I must have come on crooked and simply moved the back of the sled over to clamp it down :rolleyes: This was not the case.... my right ski is 1" closer to the back of the sled than the left :eek: I inspected the underside and cannot find anyting that is obviously bent, stretched, or broken.....where do I start to find the solution to this problem ????? :beer:

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bulkhead... the Revs are not known for having a real strong bulkhead. My brother had to deal with this when his 13 yearold pounded into a bump and twisted the bulkhead something nasty on his 05 rev Renegade. We used a port a power and alot of beer and time to straighten it out. Had to rip the whole frontend apart. The end result was perfection but not alot of confidence in the aluminum bulkhead holding up to the next hard hit :rolleyes:

It could also be a buckled A arm on the short side??

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get in ridin position and look down the shocks look at how it is lining up inside the upper a arm,most likely you got a bent lower a arm.I have a complete set of stock a arms ,upper and lower ,might be for sale if buddy doesn't show up with money quick.pm me if interested

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talk to frbstr he had this happen to his 04, your gonna have to tear the whole front end apart and straighten out the bulkhead this is a major repair. Good luck

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nun is bent, pull it straight if it bothers you and then ride it. You will probably also notice the shocks are not centered in the A-arms now. Save the time/expense of changing the nun for when you really bend the hell out of it. If you fix it every time it's tweaked a bit, you'll be doing the job once a year.
There are some braces of the 440 race sled that you can use to stiffen it up, it helps but mine bent anyway.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Whoa there..................are they factory skiis, or aftermarket?? I had a pair of aftermarket powderpro skiis, and 1 ski was 1" longer than the other..... I would load the sled, and the ski tiedowns were clamped in the same position, but the one ski was always ahead of the other..... Measure from a point on the spindle to the back of the track, to determine if the front is actually crooked, or if just a ski is longer than the other...... Save yourself lots of grief, if that's all it is, and eliminate all the obvious possibilities first!!.......................;)

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
1" isn't all that bad...really...trust ME :d Like mentioned before save the repair for the BIG ONE. Mines been bent since the first week I owned it (bout 1"). It rides and drives fine just make sure the shock isn't rubbing on the a-arm and the tie rod ends still clear everything while turning. JMHO. Good luck. :beer:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
You would be the man to know Darcy....
1" isn't all that bad...really...trust ME :d Like mentioned before save the repair for the BIG ONE. Mines been bent since the first week I owned it (bout 1"). It rides and drives fine just make sure the shock isn't rubbing on the a-arm and the tie rod ends still clear everything while turning. JMHO. Good luck. :beer:

Last edited:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Some guys run diesel fuel in gas engines too. :eek::d:d If you've driven it for this long I'd check the simple stuff; and if it's a nun I'd drive it the way it is as well. :beer:

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my old 04 I had the same issue. Couldnt tell what was bent till I pulled the exhaust, then I could see the problem. It is a big job to do, and can be costly. Myself, I get annoyed when my ch!t is out of whack, It's all I see when I look at it, so if it's bent I'd fix it. And if I bent it the next time I rode it, I'd say a few bad words and fix it again. just the cost for good times in my books. If it doesn't bother you, then just ride it and fix it when you really F it up cause odds are it will happen.

Mr Doo

Reaction score
WOW ! thanks for the response :eek: I wish it was better news but the ski's are fine, I measured from the center of the lower A arm (and it is straight as well) :rant: there are a lot of things that I never saw coming but seriously " a bent nun " :confused: I guess I will remove the pipe next to see how it looks from there. I hit stuff all the time ( I used to ride Polaris ) all of a sudden those $400.00 trailing arms do not seem so bad. :sadbanana:

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW ! thanks for the response :eek: I wish it was better news but the ski's are fine, I measured from the center of the lower A arm (and it is straight as well) :rant: there are a lot of things that I never saw coming but seriously " a bent nun " :confused: I guess I will remove the pipe next to see how it looks from there. I hit stuff all the time ( I used to ride Polaris ) all of a sudden those $400.00 trailing arms do not seem so bad. :sadbanana:

don't worry not a big deal , replaced 2 now on my 04 , about a 6 hour job counting :beer: breaks , finish your season then replace , just double check your a arm bolts , first time I did mine broke lower rear , if you look behind shock you should see slight ripple in aluminum panel behind it , thats the flying nun:d

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Took mine out a couple days ago for a good ol rip and when I came back and parked in the garage WHAAALLLAAAA!!! its straight again :d Both ski's are now equally pushed back 1" looks alot better now :) . Its all good brotha. Now I just need to order a new rear grab bar :eek:
*note to self, don't back into any more trees :rant:

PS. Shredder I was actually doing undercover bio-deisel testing for BRP. Turns out they scrapped the plans, wasn't getting a clean enough burn.

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took mine out a couple days ago for a good ol rip and when I came back and parked in the garage WHAAALLLAAAA!!! its straight again :d Both ski's are now equally pushed back 1" looks alot better now :) . Its all good brotha. Now I just need to order a new rear grab bar :eek:
*note to self, don't back into any more trees :rant:

PS. Shredder I was actually doing undercover bio-deisel testing for BRP. Turns out they scrapped the plans, wasn't getting a clean enough burn.

SO did it straighten out with the sliding park job into the garage???? I hear ya about bumpers,,last week my son nailed a tree with his 08 XP, caved the bumper to the pipe. While he was backing it out of the trees he carved it into the trees behind him and crushed the rear bumper:rant: Cant say too much,, I was probably no better when I was 19.:rolleyes:

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No I think it was probably the Beaver House I tried launching over.... Not so good of an outcome on the landing but sure staightened my sled out in a hurry :d

Its all good when you can go for a hard ride and things come back in better shape than when you left:confused: Somehow that goes against the laws of snowmobiling:eek:

Top Bottom