Crimson Falls ride

Mad Outy Max

Reaction score
Crescent falls Duh! I deserve that one. There is a point on the map that says crescent falls. Anybody been there?

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If its the one west of nordegg you can unload at the bighorn dam cross hiway 11 and head west till you see a trail
heading north take that trail to the first major junction and go left at the next junction take a right (left takes you up to the top of the mtn) the trail will take you accross the bighorn river and it follows the north side to the campground and falls(no quads are allowed) if you follow the road out to the hiway you will see the trail on the right following the top of the canyon

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes there are alot of areas where quads are not allowed, obtain and read the forestry PLUZ map, may save you a pile of money, and some legal headaches. [maps are at almost every bike shop, and forestry office and most stores in the riding areas mentioned, seems like the forestry guys don't take kindly to riding in no motorized vehicle areas.

Mad Outy Max

Reaction score
Made it to the falls!!! We had a great long weekend on August 2013 did some of the best riding ever done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Always one of my favorite rides for sure, if you didn't check out the lookouts on the top before you head right to continue on the falls trail, you will have to check that out. It's steep, not really for the novice, but doable. My son who was 13 at the time made it on his own, but he was putting on about 1000kms per season with the riding group. Big Horn is also a great riding area. IMO the best is the Ruby Falls area though, give it a ride.

WinchBreaker

Reaction score
jncmat,

I am trying to figure out how to get to these lookouts that you speak of. I have rode the trail to Crimson falls so I am familiar with the area. Are you talking about riding westbound on Hwy 11 and instead of turning into the trail going to Crimson falls, you just continue westbound a little farther down hwy 11 and access a different trail there to get to these lookouts? Or is the trail somewhere else?

Thanks in advance.

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I generally camp at Big Horn and access the trail by riding west on the highway for a bit and head north from the highway. If you look on the trail map which shows the Big Horn area you can see the Cresent Falls trail, where the trail loops and heads north there is a tee, if you go south you will find the look outs, you do a lot of climbing, once on top you can see over the Big Horn area, nice view. There is really only one trail on the north side of the highway that ends up at Cresent Falls, if you miss the tee, you will loop around back to the start, if it's wet in about 4-5 hrs.

WinchBreaker

Reaction score
Okay thanks jncmcat. I think I understand where you are talking about. I looked at the Tershishner area map of the Bighorn Backcountry. I think you mean go south from point T4. That is the one trail that I did not go on when i rode to Crescent Falls last September. I will go that way next time I ride at Bighorn. I usually ride Bighorn area about 4-5 days per quadding season.

Thanks

Top Bottom