Crf 450 suspension set up

OLE 11

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with suspension set up? 180 lbs. I have been riding track and im pounded out? What is the best set up on a stock bike? Also where is the best place to send shocks away? Please help! Thanks.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you haven't already done so, go on YouTube and watch a few videos on how to properly set your sag. It is a good starting point and will help determine if you need different springs. Plus its free.

Then look for either a few videos or websites that explain how to adjust your compression and rebound. Again it is free and it will help you better understand how your suspension works.

Remember to release any air in your forks after each ride.

I am on my phone so I can not see where you are from but Pro-action suspension in Calgary is a great place and he is pretty good at even giving you free advice rather than dropping $500 up front.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well without the age of the bike it's hard to say, could just be clapped out and in need of some new bushings, oil and seals. If that is not the case then there are lots of revalve options available. Some of the local and less costly ones have already been mentioned and they do fine work, but if you want the best suspension to be had in Canada (maybe in the world even), send it to Joe Skidd at SSS suspension in Ontario. It just works, ask the guys who've won the Canadian national MX championship 7 out of the past 8 years. Throw a good bottle of red wine in the case and tell him Dirk sent you and you might get a discount too ;)

Top Bottom