Creek Crossings are too high!!!

Kelzon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where is "Rig street"?

Go west of Caroline to the Tay River camp ground, then first left after the camp grounds and your there. You will cross two narrow bridges. Then there are lots of random camping. Hope this helps you. Kelzon. :)

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Safari Guy Are there still a lot of good trails in the area? We are coming down this friday coming and are looking forward to the trails. May be we will run across each other? Ram River specifically ,Happy trails!

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
Heard the Forestry Trunk Road is washed out around Peppers lake, dont know any other info yet,,,,,,, Creeks are higher than they where yesterday,,,,,, My socks are wet from walking in the grass,,, Will put a pic up of Prairie Creek near my place ASAP.

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a note to add to this....for those that are not still sledding...the snow pack in the mountains is still really high. The conditions for sledding are still better than normal spring sledding. 7 Days ago we probed over 10 feet of snow at 6200 feet.

So with this rain and potential warmer weather coming...the moral of the story...the river/creek crossings are only going to get worse!!

Please be careful all...ride hard but ride safe....

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
on 752,,,,,, just west of the hill ,,,,,, a few kms from my shop,,,,,,,, oh and carry a chainsaw,,, the ground is very saturated and many trees are falling over because of it,,,,, cut several yesterday Touring on my trails.......

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow ... That's high. My buddies were out west of Caroline on the weekend and they floated a couple quads down river and had to leave them in the bush and walk back to camp. Sounds like were going on a quad rescue mission on sat.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow ... That's high. My buddies were out west of Caroline on the weekend and they floated a couple quads down river and had to leave them in the bush and walk back to camp. Sounds like were going on a quad rescue mission on sat.
Hmmm..must have been camped by us. A whole group left in the rain Saturday AM and I never saw them return. We went out (last minute) Friday evening as it quit raining....went for a night ride Friday night that near ended in a similar disaster. Supposed to be a 1 to 2 hr ride...with bevy stops. Ended up not getting back to camp until 2AM. Only one quad completed our little loop...mine. At least two of the little log bridges on that particular loop were washed away. I ended up two mudholes ahead of the group while they struggled on the chicken-trails. (Tex's swamp-hole from 2 weeks ago...try THAT in the dark...LOL) Good thing we had radios...I ended up going ahead, back to the road, then going all the way around and came up behind them again to lead them out of the bush. Good times, good times. Hahaha.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm..must have been camped by us. A whole group left in the rain Saturday AM and I never saw them return. We went out (last minute) Friday evening as it quit raining....went for a night ride Friday night that near ended in a similar disaster. Supposed to be a 1 to 2 hr ride...with bevy stops. Ended up not getting back to camp until 2AM. Only one quad completed our little loop...mine. At least two of the little log bridges on that particular loop were washed away. I ended up two mudholes ahead of the group while they struggled on the chicken-trails. (Tex's swamp-hole from 2 weeks ago...try THAT in the dark...LOL) Good thing we had radios...I ended up going ahead, back to the road, then going all the way around and came up behind them again to lead them out of the bush. Good times, good times. Hahaha.

dam wished i was there......................

Emmaa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Flooding or not .....I cant sit anymore and we are heading out tomorrow....any suggestions on where is at least ride-able?? Is that even a word?

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 weeks ago I was at South fork for 4 days. We put on about 175 km. I was expecting it to be a lot wetter than it was.
The holes that I thought would be impassable,where not as deep as I expected.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 weeks ago I was at South fork for 4 days. We put on about 175 km. I was expecting it to be a lot wetter than it was.
The holes that I thought would be impassable,where not as deep as I expected.

you may be changing your mind this week.;)

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Flooding or not .....I cant sit anymore and we are heading out tomorrow....any suggestions on where is at least ride-able?? Is that even a word?

shheeet emma, will have to see it to believe it. you going out in the mud, may need pics to believe it.:beer:

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
maybe southfork,,,,,,, vetch creek wasnt flooding,,,,,,,, last week......... it is hit and miss,,,, take extra cable,, ropes..... you can go up and down baseline for a couple days for sure on the same trail,,, hahaha!!!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He may be the God of quad,but he can't spell worth a chit!
You been drinkin Tex?

tex is like bogger when he stops drinkin you start to wonder. do safety peeps have to do pee tests, hmm i wonder if he{bogger} would pass, probably studies most of the night for test. :d;)

Top Bottom