Creek Crossings are too high!!!

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
I posted in the Central Alberta as well: Had a customers buddy loose his quad down a normally crossable creek today SW of Rocky,,,, pretty much totaled it,,,,, and they almost ended up in serious trouble as well. They gall got out as well as the quad, but thier weekend is hooped,,,,,, Stay out of the creeks in the Rocky Area!!!!! Way too high!!! Prairie Creek and and all its tributaries are bad.... The one they swam in is Lick Creek that is up the Trans Canada Pipeline,,, not far from the Sunpine Mainline Road. They may rent a couple quads again from me tomorrow after I finish a half day tour,,,,, so its not a total loss.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode the area last weekend.
We could see the creeks getting deeper everyday.On Monday when we came home it was very noticeable how they went up.

Thanks for the update

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading down to Ram River next Friday good to know about the creek crossings!

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe my snorkel will see some unintentional use this year!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
should be just right for god of quads tex 78. he likes it deep.:p

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you gotter bud, seems i can find water like no one else. usually the deepest spots to. but then along came tex he took it to a new level. hehehehe

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
I posted in the Central Alberta as well: Had a customers buddy loose his quad down a normally crossable creek today SW of Rocky,,,, pretty much totaled it,,,,, and they almost ended up in serious trouble as well. They gall got out as well as the quad, but thier weekend is hooped,,,,,, Stay out of the creeks in the Rocky Area!!!!! Way too high!!! Prairie Creek and and all its tributaries are bad.... The one they swam in is Lick Creek that is up the Trans Canada Pipeline,,, not far from the Sunpine Mainline Road. They may rent a couple quads again from me tomorrow after I finish a half day tour,,,,, so its not a total loss.

Never heard the saying...'Dont test the depth of the water with both feet'?

It may apply here...glad everyone is ok, but real stupid mistake in my mind.

Emmaa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading out in the next week.....good to know....maybe i will finally kill my quad! :p

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never heard the saying...'Dont test the depth of the water with both feet'?

It may apply here...glad everyone is ok, but real stupid mistake in my mind.

hmm may have found a hole, although with the rain, water crossings will be high, never be to hasty to judge others, is the saying i heard. ;)

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
hmm may have found a hole, although with the rain, water crossings will be high, never be to hasty to judge others, is the saying i heard. ;)

That is ALSO a good saying for sure...point taken...

Maybe Im just more scared of water than these guys...Again, glad they are ok, could have ended much worse for sure.

bcham5

Reaction score
quote from guy that did it " It does not look that fast or deep" :p

4447_187290440135_568570135_7191118.jpg

Ramjet15x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The North Sask is over its banks in Drayton right now, been out in Brazeau working a shutdown at Keyera, Wolf Lake road, watched a tornado for about 30 minutes today, it didnt move very far at all, got it on video but too large for me to post here. We evac'd the plant for about 45 minutes as well

We have got probably well over 4" of rain in the last two days, the creek at the bottom of the road also flooded and needed a back hoe to remove the deadwood from under the bridge.

Even the ground is saturated, you walk down the grass and it squishes out under your feet

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!!

d.t.rider

Reaction score
I was out at Rig Street on tuesday everything by the bridges was a flood, never seen the river so high. Everythings a mess:rant::rant:

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
Prairie Creek has gone down some,,,, but there are some parts of the trail alongside the creek that have been washed away and a drop off right into the creek,,,,,,, on the upside, it is fun to ride on a trail full of water,, just watch out for holes!!!!

Top Bottom