Crazzzy Few Months

JimmyFlynt

Reaction score
What a crazy few months it has been.. rollercoaster of sorts. First - 2 days before April - Get hauled up to the GM's office with my boss - both thinking that I was the one getting let go, NOPE - says " Hate to do this but i have to let you both go" - long story short my boss talked him into keeping us but the only way the GM would is if I took a $11 drop and the boss take a $15 drop. and on top of that we still only get to work 40 hours a week. ( Sadly this was not a April fools joke )
Second - bout 2 weeks after that - i find out that i am going to be a father. Due date is Start of Jan. - now the job hunt starts even harder.
Does anyone else seem to notice the more you look and need a new job that no one seems to call?? But when you are not really looking and toss em out you get all the calls??
And this week - they dropped the foreman rates and are going to be rolling everyones wages back.

JimmyFlynt

Reaction score
Foreman of materials - Shipper Receiver more or less for Oil Field Construction ( Suncor's, CNRL, etc ) - in a little shop right now that does not do the big MODs - this place does Flare Stacks and MCC units vessels

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Crappy Deal ...I hope it works out for you .But congrats on the dad stuff.Have to get together for another ride sometime.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sucks big time. Big reason why I would never even consider working anywhere even related to the oilfield, way to hot and cold for me. It will come around, it took me over a year to get the perfect job I wanted, eventully stuff works out.

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been there done that i was promise lots of work so went and bought a house
my boss was fired and the crew was laid off just months after i move in and then my wife comes home and say dear were going to be parents that was eighteen years ago never look back thing will get better

JimmyFlynt

Reaction score
thanks.. and yeah things are looking up - might have a job in shop down here in sherwood park, might be a week or 2 away.. also a few leads for up at site for more money.. i know it should all work out.. it just sucks waiting for it too haha.

Top Bottom