Crank bearing ?

Rev mike

Reaction score
So we got that dump of snow last week and of course had to fire up the '07 Rev and go for a burn!! Sled was running awesome which usually means it's ready to blow!!
engine seemed to "run on" kinda like throttle was sticking but it's not the throttle I'm sure. Too easy and cheap to fix lol
once warmed up also idled higher than normal.
Buddy of mine said to spray either or liquid fire at the clutch and if my sled revs up its a sure sign the crank bearing is going, again !
anyone ever heard or tried this method?
i'm almost scared to try it cause it's too early in the season to be fixing instead of riding but I guess I'd rather find out now and not on a mountain
I don't think chopper rides have gotten any cheaper lol

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That wouldn't really mean bearing, crank seal leaking sucking in air is what that will do. Not sure about using ether. Lol. Carbs cleaned recently, check carb boots for cracks also. Throttle cable could also be frayed and sticking a bit.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya might be any thing in that area mike.

The bearing going doesn't suck air.

Take Ur clutch off and spray intake medic at the seal. Not much but enough.

With the straw u can pin point where is bad.

But carb boots is my first guess.

Also yes the carbs could be pluged , also the carb slides wear out and stick ( won't return )

Guess what I think I gave u some.

sent while I should be drinking twisted teas

Last edited:

Rev mike

Reaction score
Thanks fellas! I'll start with the boots and slides. I've yet to properly summerize the sled just try to park it with little to no gas lol. And it's no stranger to regular gas either lol
hopefully the carbs are gummed up and it's an easy one

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was led to believe if a bearing was going it would do the opposite, not run on.
carb boots would be my first guess as on some sleds the boot holds the weight of the carb thus shorterning the life of the boot.
i'm thinking intake somewhere, should be cheap and easy ...

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks fellas! I'll start with the boots and slides. I've yet to properly summerize the sled just try to park it with little to no gas lol. And it's no stranger to regular gas either lol
hopefully the carbs are gummed up and it's an easy one

Good thing revs are easy to get to the carbs.

Unlike a friggin xp lol

sent while I should be drinking twisted teas

Top Bottom