Cracked Tunnel on 2003 M1 problem

ackid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had the same thing happen to my 06 m7 last year! i did how ever cut out the running boards to let the snow and ice though. it was cracking up the sides on each cut i made under the gas tank. then i hit some thing last winter on the first ride and bent the hell out of the side of the tunnel. i removed the rear skid and used big c clamps to get things straight again. then i made plates for the inside and outside of each side of the tunnel. then i used the c clamps and worked my way from one end of the fish plate to the other. did the trick fine till i hit something else in the dark again. i think that the cracks u guys are talking about might be from those lovely bumps on the trails. causing the running boards to flex when you are standing up! my m7 is plated on both sides of the tunnel from the bulkhead past the bolt for the rear suspension. must be an update!

Sled Nut

Reaction score
I broke mine on the weekend in the same place........just behind the foot rests. I'm not impressed at all. Like they say if you can afford to ride then you can afford to fix them. SOOOOOO if anybody knows where I can get the rear part of the tunnel please let me know.

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the same issues on my 2001. Identical cracks up the sides just in front of the suspension mount. Never did fix the problem, just got a new one.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sold mine before this started to happen :d

Top Bottom