CR125 Idle problem..help

ICANAM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just rebuilt my 99 cr125. New crank, piston, ring, and I can't seem to get it to idle properly. I have the screw set where it is supposed to be and I've tried to adjust the pin on the throttle slide...still won't idle. There is an idle adjuster on the choke, but I think that is for warm up..and it doesn't help anyway.:confused: Please help. Thank you.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will it idle at all? does it drip oil? I have a 00 cr 125 and when it is too ritch it somtimes cuts out.

ICANAM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It does drip oil out of the exhaust, but I don't have an exhaust gasket...still it does leak. And it will not idle at all. I have to stay slightly on the throttle all the time. It's kinda boggy too. I think it's too rich but I don't know how to fix it.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coupe things:

1) Check reed condition - Should be free of cracks and chips as well as hold light when looking through the cage.
2) Check float level
3) Check air leaks - start the engine and spray starter fluid near the carb boot. If the engine races you have a leak.
4) Check jets (cheap ~5 bucks for new ones)

Since it doesn't seem to be running anyways, turn air screw full in (light pressure) and back out 1.5 turns. The choke should likely just be a pull knob. From there you have another screw which is idle adjustment.

If you are trying to idle it in gear it's probably warped clutch plates that causing it to drag and stall.

125's dont have very strong idles to begin with, but the bike should be able to be set up so it idles for awhile at least.

ICANAM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took it to work today and tore the carb out of it. The jets and the needle are all wrong. They are not the stock jets, so I'm gonna get all new stock ones and that should be the fix I'm looking for.

Top Bottom