cr125 Blew top end.

rockstar crf250r

Reaction score
So at the campout I was riding and the bike was fine on saturday then around 9 ish on my way back to the site my bike just made a wierd sound and i new i blew it. i was pretty pissed but it happens and now the kickstart is solid as a rock and wont go dowqn at all does this tell u whats wrong with it?

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Were you the one that hit the hole wfo, come up over the bars, and stuff yourself into the dirt headfirst? If so, that was awesome...sorry if you got hurt, but that was an awesome header.:d:beer:

rockstar crf250r

Reaction score
ahaha oh yeaaa that was me. i has to wheelie over it and try and make it but back tire hit something real hard and kicked me forward ahah i was like straight up and down the hole time who were you again what were you riding?

rockstar crf250r

Reaction score
were u the one that said next time tell me before u do that so i can get the camera out? aha

rockstar crf250r

Reaction score
oh yeaa i seen you ahah i coulda went around it and made it much easier but me i have to go right through it ahah and no it hurt for like few min handle bar to to stomcah but i just got back up and continued on ahaha

rockstar crf250r

Reaction score
ahah yea idk where you went if u left first or if i did but i was bymeyself aha all the people iwas with was behind me fora while and you shoulda followed i tryed to climb the big hill then everyone turned around on cause it was really muddy and a mudd hole in the middle and like a straight up cliff i almost flipped backward instead i kinda rode up a wall i was just givering aha

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So at the campout I was riding and the bike was fine on saturday then around 9 ish on my way back to the site my bike just made a wierd sound and i new i blew it. i was pretty pissed but it happens and now the kickstart is solid as a rock and wont go dowqn at all does this tell u whats wrong with it?

It tell's you your seized up, until you pull the jug you wont know how bad it is. If it's just the piston and rigs with a quick bore of the jug it shouldn't be all that bad. But if you scared the cylinder wall then you need a new jug and if it's not too bad you may be able to get it honed and nikisiled.

rockstar crf250r

Reaction score
well i took it apart today the top end and the piston like moved easy in some spot when u move the kickstart but then hard and it just kept getting easier my friend said it might of siezed but broke itself lose so to put it backtogether tomoorw and see if she fires

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man, i don't know if i would take that chance, eh? mite hurt it more.. i mean if there is something major wrong like that, it does not just heal itself by magic... just sayin dude..

uhmmm, i would think that if it worked, you would still lose a lot of compression cause now the rings are not sealing in a crooked cyclinder hole..
no compression = no power..

but maybe try it and see.. you mite luck out?? good luck dude.. let me know what happens..

mark

rockstar crf250r

Reaction score
well im just gonna put it back together tomoorw and see how the compression is if it not normal im just gonna selll it for cheaper and someonelse can fix it idont want to put money into it I wanna save a couple more grand and save money i get from bike and buy another brute probbaly and put some outlaws on it or possibly mudzillas again it was a pretty nice quad i liked it alot it was a 08 brute force just with some clutching done a hmf penland exhaust and 27" mudzillas it did pretty good in the mud ill try to find a pic

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i took it apart today the top end and the piston like moved easy in some spot when u move the kickstart but then hard and it just kept getting easier my friend said it might of siezed but broke itself lose so to put it backtogether tomoorw and see if she fires

i'll bet the cranks done......

rockstar crf250r

Reaction score
yep thats the other thing iwas thinking and ibet thats it ahaanyone wann buy it cheap lol
and mark this is my old brute i used to use my dads acount it the first one i started the thrread it got pretty popular hah so im the first post the last pic was at the prarie creek camp out in the skeg down the road from the camp site
https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f26/official-show-off-you-quad-thread-28726.html

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep thats the other thing iwas thinking and ibet thats it ahaanyone wann buy it cheap lol
and mark this is my old brute i used to use my dads acount it the first one i started the thrread it got pretty popular hah so im the first post the last pic was at the prarie creek camp out in the skeg down the road from the camp site
https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f26/official-show-off-you-quad-thread-28726.html

Nice buddy! those brutes sure look sharp.. and go good.. that mite be your best bet cause once you see the new can-ams, you mite just want one, but i don't even know the price yet.. but i tell ya.. i'll get a hold of you when i get the first demo that is coming in to Bow, here in calgary.. i get to take it out for a weekend... maybe everybody wants to go camping that weekend cause i will be one of the first to ride a new 12, i believe that the first rene into calgary will be a demo bike.. when? could be as early as end of August cause
they are made already and ready for shipping to dealers.. not like other years...most manufactures bring out there product line and then its a few months or longer till they come into the dealers, especially here in canada.

rockstar crf250r

Reaction score
oh yeaa i like the brute and there cheaper then can am id like a can am but at 17 i dont got that kinda money makin 16 a hour so whatever a brute will do and i loved my last one so mine as weel do it again and yea id be up for some camping for sure! just let me know when and where!

rockstar crf250r

Reaction score
and that was only the 650irs not the 750 and i just had the clutch springs not the kits and those tires are pretty darn heavy and with the right clutching it turn them like crazy even in the muskeg it throws chunks

Top Bottom