Crazy day gettin into Salm

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get well asap . great to know there are people who go way out of there way to help out. great job people...

Cat man Doo

Reaction score
Definitely one of the not easy spots to get into. Hope you heal quick and are ready ride for next season!

13 High Country converted to a 156"x3" ,Full Jaws, C3 belt drive with oil delete and 3" post forward, Team Tied, BDX front end, rotor, Pro-Motion, Grippers, Rox adj. riser, MMS front bumper, MDS adj. weights, XXX Mod Rod full vent kit, Wild Child post bushings, Pro-armour tether, Roto-Pax gas can, Mountain fit hood(not on yet) !!!
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tkozubski

Reaction score
I blew my back out in salmon the day before your wreck, and I thought I had it rough! Spent the next day in the best western in valemount in the hot tub while my buddies went out and rode.... Great to hear other sledders did what the could to help comfort you in that situation. I know exactly where your wreck happened. It was a bear to get through that spot the day before... good luck with the healing process.

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I blew my back out in salmon the day before your wreck, and I thought I had it rough! Spent the next day in the best western in valemount in the hot tub while my buddies went out and rode.... Great to hear other sledders did what the could to help comfort you in that situation. I know exactly where your wreck happened. It was a bear to get through that spot the day before... good luck with the healing process.

Good luck and hope your able to get back into the saddle SAP!!

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Perhaps one of these years the Blue River club will build access all the way into Salmon?

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry about your luck. Curios, what ever happened to the two guys that went down for help? I also will give you credit for riding out in that condition.

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry about your luck. Curios, what ever happened to the two guys that went down for help? I also will give you credit for riding out in that condition.

The two that went down ended up talking with the groomer dude and he called for help. He also told the boys that he recommended they not go back up. Your here and safe stay right where you are, is what they told me!
Makes good sense when you think about it.

Also, I wouldn't call it credit. It was getting cold out we couldn't stay there. It was a matter of just doing it!! I felt we had no choice. If someone would have known where the cabin was, we would have gone straight there. But no use wasting time and just kept slowly creeping down to the trucks.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crappy deal 240, but glad you got help from those awesome dudes to help you out on that ordeal... Speedy recoup too as it will take time to get things moving...

I did in my shoulder in this summer on a dual-sport motorcycle tip over, and I got to walk out of the bush for 20+ kms to call for help... Longest walk injured with popped out clavicle bone I will ever do,,, Spot tracker in hand now... Have full motion now, will take some hard work for you to do the same thing.

New game plan for me is to ride dual-sport bike in the safer areas, then use quad for off-road stuff, pulled of 14 years of sledding that was awesome. Now I find the easier things in travels by fishing creeks, sight seeing, fixing quad trails and visiting with others that enjoy the out-doors...

Be well 240, and keep us posted on the program ahead.

From pal Don

Reaction score
Good to see your safe and made it out with the help of others.I broke mine in 4 places. Had a pin put in with screws it caused great pain at the time. Also great to see people do care and will help when it counts but I have to ask the question and not pointing a finger but just asking why don't people take the time to stop and fill in the trenched out areas on the trail?

We went into Salmon last week of December trenched out and lots of ice and spent 2 hour filling the trenched out areas in for our safety and the the safety of others. I think its a team effort and can't always expect the sled clubs to do all the work. If each group took a few minutes it most likely wouldn't be all that bad.

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad you made it out in 1 piece sorta. Good luck with your recovery and a big thank you to the group who helped you make it out...

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to see your safe and made it out with the help of others.I broke mine in 4 places. Had a pin put in with screws it caused great pain at the time. Also great to see people do care and will help when it counts but I have to ask the question and not pointing a finger but just asking why don't people take the time to stop and fill in the trenched out areas on the trail?

We went into Salmon last week of December trenched out and lots of ice and spent 2 hour filling the trenched out areas in for our safety and the the safety of others. I think its a team effort and can't always expect the sled clubs to do all the work. If each group took a few minutes it most likely wouldn't be all that bad.

Not always possible. We attempted to shovel a couple of the trenches in but the little shovles were no much for the condition of the snow. What would have been the ticket, is a pick.
The trench I crashed on I bet was 6-7' deep and hard like concrete. Maybe deeper, buddy disappeared standing up on his sled as he tried to go through. I can't say if I have ridin in any crazier conditions. Therefore lack of experience with these conditions. I ride the hills many times a season but next time I will be handling that type of condition with a lot more care and diligence so that it can't bite me again like it already has!

Kiwionsnow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad the family and the sled family jumped in to help with the situation. Lots of great people out there. I will say I have riden Salmon a few times and recientlly. I know exactly where you ran into this trouble. We had a man down on that spot about 3 weeks ago. Shot knee and rode out. Is it reasonable to ask or suggest that last 3-4 km through the cut block be the subject of some trail improvement. Some will remember this was done at Eagles a few years back. They acquired the permits and permissions to run the cat in to the fuel drop creating a trail the groomer could access just to the tree line. That would go along way in that cut block at salmon. Just saying. It is popular enough, it is a fee or collection trail and it might cut down on a bunch of these types of situations.

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad the family and the sled family jumped in to help with the situation. Lots of great people out there. I will say I have riden Salmon a few times and recientlly. I know exactly where you ran into this trouble. We had a man down on that spot about 3 weeks ago. Shot knee and rode out. Is it reasonable to ask or suggest that last 3-4 km through the cut block be the subject of some trail improvement. Some will remember this was done at Eagles a few years back. They acquired the permits and permissions to run the cat in to the fuel drop creating a trail the groomer could access just to the tree line. That would go along way in that cut block at salmon. Just saying. It is popular enough, it is a fee or collection trail and it might cut down on a bunch of these types of situations.

I had never been in Salmon, well technically still haven't. But that probably is a good idear.

Last edited by a moderator:

Imstuckagain

Reaction score
Hey!! glad to see you're doing well and made it the rest of the way safely. It was our group that stopped and helped you out. It was definetaly an interesting ride out. Between standing on the uphill side of skis and tunnel and shovelling out trenches and walking your sled down some slopes. lol I was the one with the camo sled neck suit riding the cat (don't hate the cat!!) Im sure it wasn't the most pleasant ride out for you, but you held it together. You're one tough sob. I think I'm the only one on this forum but ill be sure to share it with the guys. Next year when you are all healed up and ready to try salmon again we should try and get a ride in. Hopefully make it in and out this time! Heal up fast! Cheers

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey!! glad to see you're doing well and made it the rest of the way safely. It was our group that stopped and helped you out. It was definetaly an interesting ride out. Between standing on the uphill side of skis and tunnel and shovelling out trenches and walking your sled down some slopes. lol I was the one with the camo sled neck suit riding the cat (don't hate the cat!!) Im sure it wasn't the most pleasant ride out for you, but you held it together. You're one tough sob. I think I'm the only one on this forum but ill be sure to share it with the guys. Next year when you are all healed up and ready to try salmon again we should try and get a ride in. Hopefully make it in and out this time! Heal up fast! Cheers

Hey mang, good to hear from you. The sidehilling tandem worked slick, kept me from rolling over thought I was riding a beach ball there..
I can't tell you guys how fortunate I am that you showed up and helped me out big time!! No it wasn't the most pleasant thing I have ever done but got outta there and that was the main goal at that point. It was gettin cold and dark and not the place a guy wants to be in my position.
My plan is to get this healed up, rehabbed and ready to be back at it next season. I'm sure I'll be a little sketched out for a ride or two. See what happens!!

Heading out for ride a sounds like a good plan. Like ya say get in and outta there in one piece.

Definatlty say hi to the group for me.

Ward

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How's the recovery going? I just came accross my xray pictures and bruising pictures on Facebook and the pain came flooding back.....

Top Bottom