Cow Lake, Rocky Mountain House

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
with the snowpack being unstable and having a few rookies we played safe and put on a couple hundred KM.

stayed at the Grandview cabins 15min southwest of Rocky.... great place! rode straight from the cabin and never needed to go to town. (fuel and restaurant on location)

owners were great and catered to all our needs. goes a long way and wont be forgotten. :)

we rode to Cow Lake then found some nice cutlines leading to surprising lots of untouch pow.

will be back for sure! wouldnt mind heading further west to the hills but the no loading/unloading idea is catchy.

maybe will post some pics tomorrow

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we rode caroline and all we got beaten down st udder bump trail oh well bad riding is better day than watching tv

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
stopped in Wetaskiwin for fuel this afternoon on the way back and the fella working there said he seen a lot of sleds come and go this weekend.

only seen a few other sleds and hardly any tracks :)

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stopped in Wetaskiwin for fuel this afternoon on the way back and the fella working there said he seen a lot of sleds come and go this weekend.

only seen a few other sleds and hardly any tracks :)

Can you post some pics please...

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
You can ride from Grandeview, past our shop and into the westcountry,,,,, we had 4" of snow dump on us last night/today. Was in the gap today and it let off around noon..... looked like it was still snowing west of the Gap.

CB1

Reaction score
Safari Guy, I've always wondered who was running that place southwest of Cow lake. Hows business? Silly weather I was hoping it would keep snowing. Wanted to take a trip into Ranger this weekend, but I don't know its supposed to be like 10 degrees. Rock central. We need the March snows to hit.

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
Has been busy,, between work, rentals and guiding I have had 1 day off since boxing day. That was friday,, and had a outfittied tour sat, turned down another 2 and had some rentals out for sled rallies Sun-mon. I think it would be good out at ranger provided the crossing on the hummingbird is ok. Havent been out there for 2 weeks. I see the Ram river has broke on the mainline rd.

CB1

Reaction score
Ram broke already? Yikes, thats early. Was gonna go for a rip down the powerline and cross the ram, Have to bring nitrous I guess! Was worried how snow is in Ranger with the warmth. Need a big dump would be nice.

Top Bottom