Couples Ride this Weekend

CatCory

Reaction score
My wife and I are wanting to go sledding this weekend somewhere close to EDM anyone interested or have any ideas?

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Wife and I have been talking about riding sunday... we live out by AB beach west of edmonton, ride back in Hells 1/2 acre up the stergeon river and out onto lac St.Anne (depending on the ice)....just ditches and trails.

I can let you know when we confirm....

Grinny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I was out on the lake on Saturday and for the most part it is fine. We did break through a couple of times at the mouth of the river by the bridge though. I'm not sure if was just surface water or if it was thin...it was -30 and I wasn't gonna chance it by slowing down.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I was out on the lake on Saturday and for the most part it is fine. We did break through a couple of times at the mouth of the river by the bridge though. I'm not sure if was just surface water or if it was thin...it was -30 and I wasn't gonna chance it by slowing down.

It takes forever to freeze at the bridge... we usually ride up the bank cross the road and then back down onto the lake..... last year I think it was the end of Jan before I rode under the bridge....I watch for the trucks and shacks...if a dude is comfortable taking his 1 ton truck and fishing shack out onto the lake me and my sled are fine.......:d

Grinny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
This was actually way before the bridge just after the reeds. We just decided to avoid the river altogether once we hit that water. It should be good this weekend though.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
This was actually way before the bridge just after the reeds. We just decided to avoid the river altogether once we hit that water. It should be good this weekend though.

Hmmmm, thanks good to know. I figured the "No Stergeon Long Slew" would be froze up long before the lake......

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife and I are wanting to go sledding this weekend somewhere close to EDM anyone interested or have any ideas?

The Hubby and I were planning a trip up to GOOSE TOWER Saturday morning. Might be a little further than you wanted to go but your more than welcome to meet up with us and ride. Let me know.... :d

CatCory

Reaction score
Thanks for the invite but I made a big mistake by not talking with the wife and just assuming she wanted to go, but she made other plans for me:(

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sturgeon is a great ride but horrible for surface water. Also have to watch the corners very carefully.

Grinny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Sturgeon is a great ride but horrible for surface water. Also have to watch the corners very carefully.

Yeah tell me about it. Last winter I was coming around a corner and just about got smoked by some kid going way too fast on a quad. Luckily I've got quick reflex's...unfortunately he didn't and wound up in the deep stuff in the reeds. It's a good thing I'm a nice guy and helped him get out, but not before tearing a strip off him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom