couple pics of the Dempster now that we have snow

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
up down like a --------------- ....thought I would knock over a caribou as well :d

IMG_1464-1.jpg

nice hat eh !

IMG_1465.jpg

IMG_1462.jpg

now the Dempster

Border Hill
IMG_1419-1.jpg

notice the chains .....
IMG_1379.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome pics Mike. I hope to make it up there someday, looks really beautiful and peaceful. Whats the current temps there like? Nice caribou as well:beer:

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great pic`s, i worked road const on dempster hwy.We did bye frog creek towards the fairy.I worked with arctic tire out of inuvik now mackenzie valley const.I like that road itssss Wild.I did that one summer and worked 2 winters up on the delta.Seems like the pipeline might be going ahead think i go back.On your pic of the boarder i got a pic of a big male grizzly there biggest bear i ever seen.Oh the bugs were bad that day wow.I hope to meet u one day.Hammer down.

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome pics Mike. I hope to make it up there someday, looks really beautiful and peaceful. Whats the current temps there like? Nice caribou as well:beer:

right now around -6 pretty warm lately ..trying for one more maybe 2 more trips before they close the road

don't wanna get caught on the other side :eek: when they shut the ferry down

north of Border Hill
IMG_1438.jpg

up thru the gordge

IMG_1367.jpg

IMG_1418-1.jpg

Last edited:

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

yup got sick and tired of everybody sniping Bou .........so I said this trip I am gonna snag one...

was a nice bull ..one shot 300 yards ,.......had 2 cows with him ..apparently when I was done .......he didn't have the heart for it ..pardon the pun :d

375 H&H with 300 Barns good to go, 1 shot

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Decent! I can't wait for November to show up. I drew both my muley tags this year along with the usual whitetail:d. I'd like to take a caribou at some point too. You guide?;)

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Nice Pics!!!I got a bunch of Dempster pics also.Looks like the ferries are just about done!!!:eek::eek:

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very Cool Mike!! I'll show the kids these ones too!!

Thanks for posting them up!

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sweet pics. see all that snow and I get this weird sensation going all through my body and hear this sound kinda like BBRRRRRAAAAAAAAPPP BRRRRAAAAAPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!! going through the back of my mind.:d

does anyone think there is something wrong with me? Should I maybe go see a doctor?:beer:

H2SNOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you hauling?

mostly groceries ...then some mixed ltl loads

you shoulda seen this last trip ....110 km winds .....blizzard action:eek:

road closed ..they unlocked the gates so I could get out ..visibility zip

Current Road Conditions - Highways and Public Works - Government of Yukon

Blizzard warning in effect.
TonightCloudy. Blizzard near the Richardson mountains. Periods of snow beginning overnight. Blowing snow. Wind northeast 90 km/h gusting to 110. Temperature rising to minus 7 by morning. Cold wind chill minus 29. Risk of frostbite. ThursdayPeriods of snow and blowing snow ending in the afternoon then cloudy. Blizzard near the Richardson mountains. Wind northeast 90 km/h gusting to 110 diminishing to 70 gusting to 90 in the morning then to 50 gusting to 70 in the afternoon. High minus 3. Thursday nightCloudy. Wind northeast 50 km/h gusting to 70 becoming light in the evening. Temperature steady near minus 3.:d

i

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should have our own reality show................Whatcha think Mike:rant:

Top Bottom