Couple clutch questions.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I recently picked up a 13' Sibler TM800. Went out for my first rip yesterday. With the boost turned down all the way, I was still pulling around 5lbs of boost and revving at around 8300rpm under load at about 6000ft elevation. I'm looking to drop around 600 or 700 rpm as I can turn the boost up anytime to maintain rpm after that. Does this sound reasonable?

Anyways, I pulled the clutch weights and weighed them out at 80 grams each. What do you guys recommend for a weight increase and where would you put the most weight? On the toe or heel? And how does this affect the performance? I've got the Rooster adjustable clutch weight kit so I have the option to add weight top/middle/bottom of weight.

Also does anyone throw a touch of grease on the clutch bolts so they slide a bit easier through the clutch weight?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Radical Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would increase the weights to 85 grams as each gram increase represents about 100 rpm drop or you could lighten the finish rate on your primary spring but with a turbo I would increase the weight first

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would increase the weights to 85 grams as each gram increase represents about 100 rpm drop or you could lighten the finish rate on your primary spring but with a turbo I would increase the weight first

Perfect, thanks for the info.

Top Bottom