Counter Top Ice Maker

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have one? I was looking at one from Canadian tire. Will just be used for around home and camping. Want one that kicks out a lot of ice and that will last.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sister has one,got it onsale for a $100.It get's used ALOT...................
She has got 3 or 4 of them replaced on warrenty.
Took it to the lake and it sure was nice having a constant supply of ice
for wobly pop's

Wingwalker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one that I use at the lake lot just fill it and plug it in and we have ice all weekend.
Mine is the Salton one from Canadian tire

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have had one for about 5 years now from Costco. 35 lbs of ice per day. Never missed a beat. Great to have for parties!

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Larger unit from RV place in Nisku. made by Dometic. Awesome unit and a lot better than the stuff at CDn tire

I checked out the Dometic ice maker and it was almost identical to the Salton sold at Canadian tire...Biggest difference was the Salton was almost $100 cheaper and has a better warranty.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So do you hook it directly to a water supply or fill a tank?

Our tap water is drinkable, but has a slat taste, even after the iron filter....so we use bottled water for drinking....

We have a ice maker in the fridge, that we manully fill with a cup, its a pain...

Have tried gravity feeding bottled water to the fridge, but it needs some pressure....

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
So do you hook it directly to a water supply or fill a tank?

Our tap water is drinkable, but has a slat taste, even after the iron filter....so we use bottled water for drinking....

We have a ice maker in the fridge, that we manully fill with a cup, its a pain...

Have tried gravity feeding bottled water to the fridge, but it needs some pressure....

fill a resevoir on most of them Dale, they work great, lots of the people we camp with in the summer have them.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother in law has one, great drinking game, when you hear the tray dump the cubes...time to fill up, needless to say by the end of the night the ice cube maker usually wins :) :beer:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I checked out the Dometic ice maker and it was almost identical to the Salton sold at Canadian tire...Biggest difference was the Salton was almost $100 cheaper and has a better warranty.

It's not I originally bought that one and returned once I found this. It's larger, bigger scoop, larger ice tray with more cubes. Way better parts as well. Like comparing a Maverick to a Mustang
http://www.dometic.com/enus/Americas/USA/RV-News/Dometic-introduces-new-Portable-Ice-Maker/

Last edited:

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So went to CDN Tire and bought the smaller of the two, wanted to but it in the camper....$109.00 on sale...

Looks good, makes Ice in 6 minutes is only .6 of a lb less ice storage at 1.6 lbs in the basket...then the bigger unit at $199.00

But I was expecting ice "cubes" not these tiny little cylinder of ice.....

Going to make a bunch and see how they do in a cooler, we go through a few bags of ice a day on the lake in the boat, thought this would work, now not sure....

The one in the picture is after holding it for a couple of minutes, was water inside of 5 minutes...

They seem to be getting thicker as it goes into its 6th batch already, it is quick

Attachments

• Ice Maker.jpg
    Ice Maker.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 134
  • ICE.jpg
    ICE.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need to get another one. I got 2.5 years of HEAVY use out of mine till she crapped out a few months back.
Handier than pockets in your underwear for the trailer where freezer space is at a premium.

Top Bottom