Could have been worse!

KevinA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
She's ok! Throttle stuck on 340 enticer and she ended up going though a barbed wire fence.... and the calf sleigh was behind it. Just happened to stand up and look out the window and seen it happen. Grabbed my boots and ran! Found the sled quarter section away across the hwy in the ditch.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416093837112.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416093837112.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 757

KevinA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya there was 3 kids in the sleigh too! when the throttle stuck she turned and the sleigh tipped and dumped the kids out.

Gunnerthesnowman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lucky , scary for both of you i am shore , i have two boys that drive 1987-1990 480 phazers , never had a problem , but always a concern , i tell them if it happens , grap the brake , hit the kill OR jump off , glad she all right .

KevinA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
after this experience I will definatly implement said procedure!
Lucky , scary for both of you i am shore , i have two boys that drive 1987-1990 480 phazers , never had a problem , but always a concern , i tell them if it happens , grap the brake , hit the kill OR jump off , glad she all right .

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the guys I used to ride with lost his daughter the same way. Glad she is ok, very lucky.

KevinA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thx guys! her finger looks spraned and shes got quite the head ache. all and all yes we..... she is very lucky!

KevinA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow. that makes this a happy ending. thinking of what could have happened scares me just as much as what happened.
One of the guys I used to ride with lost his daughter the same way. Glad she is ok, very lucky.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad to here she will be ok! I seen the other way , have two cousins and myself that had that happen to . One in the mouth one in the neck. Both are lucky to be alive, but have very large physical and emotional scares! I had some head injuries. So this really hits home with me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I been through fences before. Frightening situation. Unfortunately a tether isnt going to stop the sled unless they bail. And that is tough decision for a kid to make no matter what they have for experience or mentoring. Tough for an adult.. super glad she's ok

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even installing and using any type of tether does not help if the rider panics and just stays with the machine. You still might consider installing one though as that machine could have been worth something or it could have hit something or someone. You would not forgive yourself if you don't act now that you know.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tethers are amost....no question

Training, practice, showing them how to bail, how to fall and making them practice....

This hits home for me as well, had
Colleague not survive a fence, he was out riding on his families property, the tracks show hewas running 10 ‘ parallel to a fence line then banked straight into thefence...RIP

Thankfully it didn’t happen to your daughter and the other kids out for some fun.....

Hugs all around

KevinA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup. ill be installing one on the enticer. my sons 1980 srv surprisingly already has a tether. she said she tried to hit the kill switch but everything happened so quick she missed it. I will defiantly be going over all of the safety stuff with the kids again. I think the situation opened there eyes as well. she ended up with a broken finger we found out the next morning. on a lesser note the sled took quite a beating and that is visual reminder for them and me also.

when I went back to where it happened for a closer look I hesitate to think how much worse it could have been... I have been thinking of it since Saturday.

Tethers are amost....no question

Training, practice, showing them how to bail, how to fall and making them practice....

This hits home for me as well, had
Colleague not survive a fence, he was out riding on his families property, the tracks show hewas running 10 ‘ parallel to a fence line then banked straight into thefence...RIP

Thankfully it didn’t happen to your daughter and the other kids out for some fun.....

Hugs all around

Top Bottom