Costco fuel??

krash

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I stop by GP Costco today to fuel up the car. And I noticed that premium gas was at 113 wich is quite a bit cheaper then everywhere else. NOW WHO HAS EXPERIENCE WITH COSTCO's fuel is it any good for today's hiperformance two stroke engines?????

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm using it exclusively, (after making sure it had no Ethanol).... There was a thread on here last year what gas it actually is, I think the consensus was it is Petrocans.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has ethanol shell and super store dont
I was told by the gas attendant after me explaining the importance of it NOT having Ethanol when I was filling the sleds. He said if both grades had it they would have to have two stickers on the pump... they only have one Ethanol sticker and it's on the regular side.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can find lots of info on the USA Costco website on their gas but nothing on Canada's site. From USA site.... Q: Where does Costco get its gas?
A: Costco buys fuel from major refineries and distributors in each area. All Costco gasoline is fully guaranteed, just like the merchandise we sell inside the warehouse.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I have pretty much used Costco premium (Lethbridge) exclusively for the last 3 years. About 3000 km/year and not an issue. I agree with Highfly, if there was ethanol in it, there would be an indication on the pumps.

The gas lid on the etec's states that 91 octane and up to 10% ethanol be used (that is also stated in the manual).

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
first of all - dont run premium unless your sled requires it. The extra octane in premium will do nothing for your sled, in fact it will only hurt performance if you don't have the required compression to burn it correctly.

My opinion here - but some guys are getting WAYYYYYY to hung up on the ethanol thing. its UP TO 10% at any pump, on any given day - its not a guarantee that at all times there will be 10% ethanol in the pump. You do know they ship all the fuels in the same pipeline and they only cut off a certain percentage at the beginning and end of each batch right? This is after they refine it so guess what you are getting at the pump..... LOL Most of the sleds today can take up to 10% ethanol. If you are worried about it at all, run regular and dump some startron in your tank for peace of mind, it'll be much cheaper in the long run and your motor will be burning the fuel it was designed for.

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run costco premium which has zero ethanol, and yes I am very concerned with the ethanol content as I run about 14lbs of boost. Being cheaper they sell more than anyone else so I know it is fresh. I have ran it in my turbo for the last 3 years!!

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run Costco fuel in everything including the sleds. Never an issue with it ever. The toys run good on it and it's cheaper...win win

krash

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that answers my question. Thanks guys. We don't have a Costco store in John. But knowing its safe I could always fill up a few gas cans every time I'm GP. 30+ cents a liter adds up quick when we re burning 30/40 litres a day.

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have run Costco premium for 4+ years. I use the little test tube method to check it for ethanol content and have never seen it to contain any. If you notice on their pumps the "May contain 10% ethanol" sticker is always on the regular fuel side of the pump

Tapatalk HD for IPAD

Top Bottom