Corking handlebars

ASSAULTrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen a post on this awhile ago just wondering where in Edmonton I can get cork to do this ?? :) thanx

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got mine from the Ski-Doo dealer in town here. they have a kit for it. best $5 I've spent

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have aluminum bars it works well, probably won't make much of a difference on steel bars. The aluminum will absorb the heat faster than it can put it into your hands. the cork between the aluminum and the heater stops the heat from getting to the bars. My grips get so hot I can't run the heaters on high.

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spray foamed RSI bars on my pro.... Warmers work great

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am thinking the op might be referring to putting a thin layer of cork between the bars and heating element.

Sent while sitting on the toilet when I should be working!

m8matt

Reaction score
Works Awesome. Highly recommended. As said above ski-doo dealer has cork with sticky back available. It's the easiest.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Before you all rush out and do this, I thought I would share some info. So I have poor circulation in my hands so I get cold hands easily. With this in mind I recently put heated grips on my dual sport bike so I would be comfortable riding in the cooler weather. Anyway the twist grip throttle has a plastic loose fitting tube under the grip that I installed the heating element on and on the left side I attached directly to the handle bar. I thought this might cause a very noticeable temperature difference but other than the right one heating slightly faster, they quickly equalize after a couple of minutes. Maybe aluminum bars suck more heat away than steel or maybe the difference would be more noticeable at -20 degrees but again, maybe not.

Top Bottom