Cordless Chainsaw

blubbles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only one I've used was the Makita 36V one. Pretty decent for a lil electric one, had more torque than I was expecting coming from the 2 batteries. Did some "bucking" with it just for fun, made it through better then expected but really that is not the intended use for it. For trail maintenance id say it would be perfect.

Neighbour who runs a construction company has a few of them for housebuilding. He loves them, never having to worry about extra gas, nice and light when up on houses etc.

That being said, for me cutting a few cords a year ill stick to my Stihl 241/362... But again not the same purpose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCkfvTen9f4

Decent video I found. Not mine though.

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Joel, a few years back I bought my dad an Earthwise 20v one from Princess Auto, I buggered my gas one up cutting a tree with about a 12" diameter this year at the cabin. It was quite surprising to me that the little 8" bar Earthwise was able to do it.

I think it would be fantastic for basic trail upkeep, I also know some guys who bought them and use canola oil on the bar and use it for cutting up their moose and stuff in the fall.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've heard great reviews of the 60 volt dewalt.

But quality dewalt stuff defiantly costs more than hardware store brand x.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think "Stihl" has a cordless line now as well?

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only one I've used was the Makita 36V one. Pretty decent for a lil electric one, had more torque than I was expecting coming from the 2 batteries. Did some "bucking" with it just for fun, made it through better then expected but really that is not the intended use for it. For trail maintenance id say it would be perfect.

Neighbour who runs a construction company has a few of them for housebuilding. He loves them, never having to worry about extra gas, nice and light when up on houses etc.

That being said, for me cutting a few cords a year ill stick to my Stihl 241/362... But again not the same purpose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCkfvTen9f4

Decent video I found. Not mine though.

Thank you for your excellent detailed informed and thorough response sir

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
do the dewalt ones use the same battery pack as the dewalt drills/impacts etc?

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother in law has a greenworks from Canadian Tire with the 40 volt battery. He seems happy

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Husqvarna also make an electric battery pack chain saw.

I think on trails it would be nice.

Top Bottom