Corbin parking lot closure !!!!!!!

lightweight

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok here it is in a nut shell. IF snowmobilers don't stop riding on MINE property on the EAST side of the road for the first 6 miles they are going to fence off the parking lot. Now the good news. WE can simply save this area by adviseing riders of the issue. this has nothing to do with the tree huggers. the mine ownes the parking lot land and they are willing to work with snowmobilers. please pass on this information thanks

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
I honestly don't know what the answer is to get threw to some people. They had those areas taped off last year and signs up. We had a big discussion on these forums about it and yet everytime we went out there were always tracks up in that area. :rant:

Please please please respect the mines property!!! We are doing it to ourselves here!

Jan

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they are a bunch of cry babies, no support from me, been riding that way for 20 years, if you would only see the crap they do, trust me on that

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
they are a bunch of cry babies, no support from me, been riding that way for 20 years, if you would only see the crap they do, trust me on that

but its there property to do as the wish with with the proper permits of course. but also trespassing is illegal so respect that!:realmad: your just really ignorant

Maclintock

Reaction score

Get real buddy!!!!!!! If you were to be killed riding on that side they woud be in a world of be liable, even though you are not supposed to be in their.
RIIITARD!!!!!!!!:nono:

turbostang

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bottom line here is please respect what is not yours,common sense, i love riding in that area so please ride past that area i know its tempting but there is lots of good riding back in past those areas,let it snow.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

hahaha - there's always someone that justifys their actions by comparison to what someone else does. "if you would only see the crap they do," LOL - that gives you the right to trespass? :rolleyes:

What you fail to realize is that in this scenario, your actions are going to directly affect you. If you choose to ride in their property - and they close the parking lot, everyone will have to drive farther to stage and lose that riding area unless you want to use different access... everyone includes "you". So keep it up and you'll be staging farther down the road. So much other area to ride that its just not worth getting the access shut down for one little area that is on private land - I would think that someone who has ridden the area for 20 yrs would have a bunch of little "honey holes" they wouldn't want to lose by jeopardizing access to them. Just some food for thought.

Is the sign with the property map still up at the trailhead?

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks asshat, atleast we know who to blame if we loose this.
true dat 2002!!!!!!!!! besides, who cares about the first 6 miles, there's so much more to ride out there!!!!!! and i bet the same guy would be biactching and moaning about people riding on his private property if he has any!!!!!!

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

wow what a response you sir are a knob if I lose this riding area cause of idiots riding on the mines property there is gonna be some pissed off people its there property plain and simple live with it buddy!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Did you post this to stir the pot or do you really believe in what you are saying?

It was close to closure last year as peeps wouldn't stay off their property and maybe that was you! I can't believe what I read and we as a group have lost too much riding area already. We don't need to lose more because of arrogance and rednecks.

With an attitude like yours, I would like for them to catch you and hang you by the short curly ones for the whole season......

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised you can leave your truck in the wrong area, abandoned for so many hours all by itself, risking another area closure without anybody..... you know messing with it and stuff.

Maclintock

Reaction score
I was at that parking lot today, and man is it BLACK with coal dust. Trucking right now instead of training it out.
Their was 6 inches to 1 foot fresh in the lot and the guy from the mine with the grader was cleaning the lot their as we pulled in. ( Nice Guy) Went over and was talking to him.
This is very interesting!!!!!!!
I asked him why the lot was not cleaned wider????
His response. "The mine is closing this parking lot and it is going to be used for
mine parking and Coal truck turn around only.

This will be interesting :eek:

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
I was at that parking lot today, and man is it BLACK with coal dust. Trucking right now instead of training it out.
Their was 6 inches to 1 foot fresh in the lot and the guy from the mine with the grader was cleaning the lot their as we pulled in. ( Nice Guy) Went over and was talking to him.
This is very interesting!!!!!!!
I asked him why the lot was not cleaned wider????
His response. "The mine is closing this parking lot and it is going to be used for
mine parking and Coal truck turn around only.

This will be interesting :eek:

I would imagine that if this is the case the next step will be for the mine to contact the RCMP to have anyone riding sleds on the road through to town to access the forest service road ticketed. I would also imagine this will mean the end of the Corbin Country Club and the end of the groomed trails in this area as well. :(

Maclintock

Reaction score
Hard to say. I am off to the Crow sled meeting tonight, so I will see if their is any more mention on this.
I talked to a guy that works out their ( Mine),,, and he confirmed that is what he has heard as well.
The parking on the road will be a horror show for sure with all the truck traffic their currently , so yes I am sure their will be some sort of enforcement.:eek:

Maclintock

Reaction score
hahaha - there's always someone that justifys their actions by comparison to what someone else does. "if you would only see the crap they do," LOL - that gives you the right to trespass? :rolleyes:

What you fail to realize is that in this scenario, your actions are going to directly affect you. If you choose to ride in their property - and they close the parking lot, everyone will have to drive farther to stage and lose that riding area unless you want to use different access... everyone includes "you". So keep it up and you'll be staging farther down the road. So much other area to ride that its just not worth getting the access shut down for one little area that is on private land - I would think that someone who has ridden the area for 20 yrs would have a bunch of little "honey holes" they wouldn't want to lose by jeopardizing access to them. Just some food for thought.

Is the sign with the property map still up at the trailhead?

Yup the sign is up.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow this is not good news at all I hope it doesnt go through the corbin area is awesome to ride might have to just strat comin over from the N kootenay pass or from the tin shack area

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i see that the yes sir no sir no problem attitude from yesteryear has turned to a screw u attitude and now it's going to bite us in the hiney:(. and now with the new world economy and the changing of the guard at the corporate level, there isn't any good ole boy sledders in the corporate office to put in a good word for us and they don't really care as we don't fit in the business model. i remember reading somewhere that they use to have chariot races in rome and it died off too.:eek:

HiLlClImB911

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Real classy Fred real classy. If I ever seen someone on the mine property side one might get a good ........I'll let u figure out the rest. No one wants to see this axcess closed so if people don't wanna respect the mine property just stay the fudge outa this area.

Top Bottom