cooling fan problem 07 polaris 500 HO

cabbage7

Reaction score
My 07 500 sportsmans cooling fan is not coming on.Cleared the fan of debris and sprayed off, turns free now but still wont turn on when the bike gets hot.Just wondering if someone has an idea , unable to find fuses. thanx

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
theres no fuses on the 500's. if you turn on the bike and let it idle there is a plug you can unplug to make the fan turn on. the plug is on the left side of the engine block just above the oil filter. also make sure your fan plug is plugged in good. if it does not turn on i would say the motor in your fan is burned out.

cabbage7

Reaction score
The cooling fan comes on when i unplug the sensor plug does this mean the sensor is bad. Thankyou for your help only polaris

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you sure the bike is getting hot in the first place? like is it flashing hot on the display? It is very rare that the sensors go bad.

cabbage7

Reaction score
I cleaned the fan to insure it was turning freely first,started the bike then unpluged the sensor and the fan came on, so i pluged it back in and waited to see if it would come on when it got hot and it did.Ithought it was fixed.On Friday went for a tour with some buds and needed to tow my buddy on his o7 canam renegade with a shredded belt at this time my bike started flashing hot and no fan coming on so i made sure fan would turn free and unpluged sensor, it came on, plugged it back in bike got hot no fan.Just wondering if water in the plug would possibly be the problem. Thankyou for your help.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it could be. you should put some dialectric grease in the connection. I have had that happen.

but to me it sounds like the sensor is bad and needs to be replaced.

Top Bottom