Convince Me

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, been thinking real hard about retiring the M8 after this year. I have done the reading but wanted to start this thread anyway. What are the things you love about your proclimb? What are the things you would change or that bother you? Part of me is thinking of trying a summit. So I want you guys to convince me to stay with cat lol.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I came off an 09 M8 to a 2012 PC 162 and its a completely different machine. It has way more power, better handling and awesome suspension. I was very hesitant to buy the 2012 after hearing about the belt and engine problems last winter but they have them worked out. I have said it on a few different threads and i will say it again, I LOVE MY PROCLIMB! I have not tried an xm yet and i'm sure they are awesome as well.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you should ride a new proclimb, the updates on the 12 s fix the bugs, the narrow 13's are very well liked by their new owners.... we have both - come down and ride them... and yes there on sale...

Terry

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I've got a 12, and other than the updates done last summer (had zero issues with it last winter) its been trouble free! It even came with a tree magnet.

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ummmkay....I can't say enough good things about the ProClimbs! Absolutely LOVE them! I have a 2012 SnoPro Limited 153 with over 1600 trouble free miles. I have not blown a belt yet. My sled is basically stock except for full venting kit, MBRP can, 2013 skid update, and a 2.5 Camoplast Extreme track. I can throw this sled around effortlessly....this sled feels light and nimble in the snow, it stays on top, and basically goes where I want it to go. We all know how the trails to and from our play areas can get pounded out.... on this sled the bumps and whoops are very manageable, and it's so awesome getting back to the staging area and not feeling like you've been run over by a train. I can seriously say that when we go out for the day it's usually 80-90 miles of HARD riding and this sled gets it done.

Just when I thought that the 2012 was the best sled out there....they came out with the 2013! My hubby bought the 2013 Black Limited and holy crap! This sled fricken ROCKS! Other than a full vent kit and MBRP can, it's stock for now. The big improvements are definitely the 2.6 PowerClaw track, getting rid of the rear heat exchanger and the narrowing of the front end. There is virtually no snow or ice build up on this sled, which to me is a big weight savings, and not having to constantly kick the ice off the running boards is HUGE. Carving and throwing this sled around is quite a bit easier than my 12 (I didn't think that could be possible).....and with that track it just seems to get up on the snow better. This sled LOVES to wheelie if you're into that kinda thing....hubby tried to make mine wheelie even with the dropped skid and new track and it still doesn't hook up the way his does.
So, there is my opinion on the ProClimbs....you will never go wrong with this sled....PROMISE! :)

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Price will probably play a big factor into my purchase. Either of these two machines will probably be nimble compared to my tank. I have always liked the color schemes of the cats. Plus after I left the rev for the m series, I told myself I would never be caught on an ski doo again as long as they stayed with the xp platform. I have read a lot of good things about both the xm and proclimb. Ahhh decisions decisions. Appreciate the comments so far.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I know TT Powersports has some KILLER deals right now on 3 2012 Proclimb Demo's..... Advertised at $9900.... I'd give him a call 780-826-6121 and ask for Terry

trhaus

Reaction score
1100 miles on mine and just installed my second belt, i love the way this thing rides, after a little suspension tuning this machine does everything i ask it to and with a lot less effort than the old cat chassis. id take t&t up on their offer to go ride them u wont be dissapointed. i have the 12 and a few mods like slydog skis, frog skins, d&d can, belly pan protector, goggle bag, tunnel bag, and gas can rack(soon to be switched to a mountian addiction setup). and im putting the 2.6 track on it and if i can open my wallet a little further a c3 drive. i know u want our opinion but u really have to ride a new chassis to appreciate it.

saskcat

Reaction score
450 deep hard miles on mine has run flawlessly. Great sled great track

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
400miles on mine and I love it.....came off a 10 HCR, went to a 12 Proclimb and now on a 13. It is the sweetest sled I've ever owned. Rode a XM, but was much happier when I jumped back on mine.

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We use proclimbs as rentals and they have been great! I have just over 8000km on my 2012 m8 and did a top end on it at 6500km just cause I was curious. It looked very nice, but replaced it anyway for maintenance sake. Put a fresh primary on it at 5500km. That's it. Smooth sailing.

Top Bottom