Converted 2 place sled trailer

Canadian_bacon

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm converting a good utility trailer into a 2 place sled trailer. I removed the fender flares and am putting 2x8 deck boards over top to cover the holes. This will give me the extra 2' of width I need to put 2 sleds on it. I'm just wondering what I should use to go over the wood where the skiis are going to ride so the slide without digging in and cutting the material. Any suggestions? Will strips of puck board work? Or will the skegs just cut it up. Also, does anyone have an old track they want to get rid of. I'm looking to do this as cheap as possible.

Canadian_bacon

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm converting a good utility trailer into a 2 place sled trailer. I removed the fender flares and am putting 2x8 deck boards over top to cover the holes. This will give me the extra 2' of width I need to put 2 sleds on it. I'm just wondering what I should use to go over the wood where the skiis are going to ride so the slide without digging in and cutting the material. Any suggestions? Will strips of puck board work? Or will the skegs just cut it up. Also, does anyone have an old track they want to get rid of. I'm looking to do this as cheap as possible.

I was just told about superglides. Gonna price some out tomorrow

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How wide is the trailer in between the wheel wells? I also converted a utility trailer and just built some ski hoops in front of the wheels. Just drive over the steel fender flares and land in the hoops.

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have Superglides in stock and can ship them to you. Give me a ring tomorrow and I will get them out to yah! :beer:

780-970-4940

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Super glides are nice they grip your boots but let your carbides slide. Puck board will work but will be deadly with snow on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only problem with super glides is when you kneel on them by accident lol! Man they can hurt your knee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or like my nephew last night who was running in the trailer"when told not to," trips and looks like his hand hit a cheese grater.
But they do work great.

Top Bottom