ContourHD how do keep snow from getting built up in lens?

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a contour hd and I find that a majority of my footage gets ruined on those deep days from snow getting built up over top of the lens. Does this happen to anyone else? Any ideas how to fix this?

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can see just how easy It is for snow to get trapped over the lens because the front of the camera isn't flat.

Sent from phone

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325534887.364887.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325534887.364887.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 118

dzignr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crowsnow.org
You can see just how easy It is for snow to get trapped over the lens because the front of the camera isn't flat.

RainX makes a "wipe" that you can wipe on the camera areas where buildup occurs. It should help repel the snow. Only other idea that comes to mind is in addition. get a wax candle and build up a layer inside the corner, much like window-pane putty, cutting down the angle to 45 degrees. Just don't give the snow a chance to dig-in. ... hope is helpful.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What if I took a clear lens or something that's big enough to go overtop of the front of the camera and found a way to stick it to there so then snow wouldn't even get in there in the first place? Then the whole front of the camera would be flat

Sent from phone

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isn't their a protective case you can buy for these? soak it in rainX, I think the protective case is more flat in the front.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about a rifle scope lens cover. All sizes available. Might work and cheap.

What if I took a clear lens or something that's big enough to go overtop of the front of the camera and found a way to stick it to there so then snow wouldn't even get in there in the first place? Then the whole front of the camera would be flat

Sent from phone

Top Bottom